• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Didn't Nintendo Say There Were Only Two Timelines = Timeline Changes

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Nintendo has confirmed in the past that there was a split timeline with two branches. I can't remember the exact quote or whatever, but I know it's confirmed. This new "confirmed" timeline has three branches. Miyamoto himself has also presented a different timeline, I think it was in an interview with Nintendo Power, something like that, that has a controversial placement of aLttP.

What I submit to you is that to Nintendo, the timeline does not matter at all. Even though they released a new timeline, that would probably be changed a few games into the future. That's what likely happened to Miyamoto's old timeline, it was changed to suit the game WW. The two branches timeline also changed to the three branches today. I suspect that they just did the three branches to feed the hungry fanboys out there, without getting people to be able to say "I was right and you were wrong". The timeline is really secondary to the game, I think they don't even think of the timeline in developing a game until later when nearly finished (except for SS, where they really focused on it being a prequel). It could also be possible that Nintendo has changed and is focusing more on the timeline than before (starting with SS). What do you think?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yes, the timeline isn't as important as gameplay, but they are putting an increased focus on it. (starting with TP, not SS. possibly earlier.) Also, Aonuma has stated that they like to be able to change things around, so the timeline fluctuates as new games come out.

I think they are making up the time line to fit difrent games and when the next generation of gamers comes up and the old time line is out of most memories a new one COMPLETELY DIFFIDENT will come out and people will complain about it then accept it then forget it just like what will happen to this one

Well, as I already mentioned in this thread, I think the only reason for the third branch was to make room for another game after FSA, because in FSA Ganon wasn't killed, so they can bring him back easyer in the next Zelda game. That's also the reason why I stick to my own timeline.

Nintendo was just trying to fit a bunch of games into a complete timeline. They felt a 3 way branch was the best way to do that and so thats what we got. While most dont agree with it, at least it opens up more space for new games to fill.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I recall they said there were two paths to the timeline. I don't recall them saying there were only two paths to the timeline at any point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom