• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Use the Skyward Strike?

A

austin5141

I can't think of one time that I used the Skyward Strike, except for hitting the triforce symbol.

Fig

The Altruist
The Skyward Strike was a move that I constantly loved to use against the giant bosses! :) It replaced the most common move I would do in previous games, which were both the Jump attack and the Great Spin/Spin Attack!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I used it often; I loved fighting the enemies with it because if you use straight sword strikes they don't last long enough.

No, I didn't use it that much. It really was a hassle to me. When fighting enemies in any game, I like quick, fluent combat. I hated sticking my arm up in the air for 3 seconds, especially when the Skyward Strike didn't work half the time! :( ... It was only really helpful, as people have said, for clearing out bokoblins during the descent to the final Ghirahim battle.

I agree with you that while the skyward strike does have practical application in combat, there are times when it can deter the fluidity of combat, seeing as it must be charged. Although the charging period is short, I've found that it can still tarnish the flow of combat that I'm used to.

What I disagree on is the point you made regarding its functionality. I've never encountered such a problem where the skyward strike failed. Perhaps the problem can be attributed to your Wii-remote?

Much like the Boomerang from series past, I'd use the Skyward Strike for spamming purposes; usually when I'm bored. Any other times that I've used it involved powering up a sword spin. (It was more of a sword spin/skyward strike combination thing) I've also used it against mid-ranged enemies, as an alternative, after I've depleted my projectile weapons.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I never really used it unless it was necessary. I didn't see much need for it, especially at the beginning when it took so long to charge.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I found that at the beginning of the game, I didn't use it much, but as soon as I started getting used to it, I used it a lot. By the time I reached Hero Mode, I used it quite frequently, actually. It's very useful, and I hope it returns in future games (or something similar).

Fig

The Altruist
I always loved using the Skyward Strike. I loved how O confused enemies with it. It is such an OP move! I loved using it both vertically and horizontally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom