• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Use the Skyward Strike?

Aside from when you had to e.g activating the crest(s) the battle with Tentalus and Demise; did you use the Skyward Strike often?

Not an important question, just curious, for me I rarely used it unless a puzzle needed it. It was too much hassle otherwise.

octorok74

TETTAC
I don't use it much, since I prefer hacking away at everything. My brother on the other hand uses it all the time, since he can finish off enemies most of the time afterward.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
The only time I ever used it in combat was in the final Ghirahim battle. I'd do a spin attack with my sword charged after letting all of the bokoblins gather around me.

I only really used it when necessary to progress, it didn't seem all that useful otherwise to me.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
On my first playthrough of the game I didn't use it much, but throughout the other playthroughs, I started experimenting with the Skyward Strike.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I didn't really do it that often outside of those. I used it for mostly attacking enemies like the Spume that were far away or in unreachable areas, but for them I still mostly used arrows.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I think I used it quite often. I like to play around a lot, so I used it all the time on everything just for fun. Plus, I didn't like using the same tactic on the same enemy, so I would always do something different to it during each encounter. I used the Skyward Strike the most for cutting grass and handling Technoblins, though.

MW7

I not only used it but abused it. It makes every common enemy extremely easy to defeat. I'd get sick of those electric sword technoblins so I'd just hit them with a Skyward Strike and then kill them before they could even defend themselves.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I pretty much never use it during my "regular quest" until I got the Master Sword's super strike. Then I abused it. Also whenever I decide to do another Hero Mode playthrough, I use the super strike to make up for a weaker sword. Although, when you get the Harp and get the Gate of Time up in block form, I didn't get why, if you already had the super strike in Hero Mode, you couldn't just hit the gate and cut out 1/2 of the temples. More Nintendo hand-holding.

I not only used it but abused it. It makes every common enemy extremely easy to defeat. I'd get sick of those electric sword technoblins so I'd just hit them with a Skyward Strike and then kill them before they could even defend themselves.

^Exactly

The skyward strike is simply just another toole that Nintendo implemented to make the game absurdly easy. I couldn't tell you how many times I ran circles around Bokoblinds in Faron Woods, only to just skyward strike them when I got "out of their visual line of sight so they became non-aggresive" (I was not that far away)
Enemeys were very dumb lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom