• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Did You Use the Pins and For What?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I never used them to be honest.

For one, I'm rather familiar with the overworld, which was mainly from playing A Link to the Past. Even though the overworld was slightly different, it was still very much the same in most ways, so familiarity natural comes in. Also, Hyrule combined with Lorule is still rather small and compact. I rarely get lost or forget where certain things are (items, peoples, locations etc.)

I just never really had any incentive to use them. It was eat if Nintendo to add them in, but I'd prefer the ability to draw on the bottom screen a la Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i didn't even notice this them till like midway through the game
i marked it mainly for the baby shell guys and caverns that have treasure hunters trying to get by all those obstables

I used them for fairy fountains. Though over time I found myself needing to do that less often, as it became easier to remember where everything was once I was more familiar with the overworld. But I still mark them out of habit.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I used the pins to mark the locations of fairy fountains whenever I entered one so I would know where the nearest one is if I ever needed fairies. I also marked the location of Mother Maiamai in the beginning of the game.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
On my first play through of ALBW, I used the pins once to mark the guy on the mountain who needed rescue. However, on my current play through, I am using the pin frequently to mark the various Maiamai's and heart pieces I can't get at that point in time.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Using pins to me were never that useful to me. My first game was Link to the Past so I was quite familiarize with the map.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I actually didn't even think of using pins. Was too busy just having fun walking all over the place, and eventually I just memorized most of the locations and secret pathways. Am now just one heart-piece and boss battle away from 100%-ing this game (at least I'm pretty sure I will have reached 100% then), so now it would make absolutely no sense to use those pins. Maybe on future play-throughs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom