• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Did You Use the Pins and For What?

In A Link Between Worlds, map markers/pins can be used on the over world map to pinpoint important locations and such, the maximum amount of pins being 20.

So, did you use the pins when playing the game and if you did, what exactly did you use them for?

2WZ4Pr9.png

Fig

The Altruist
I actually did use the pins throughout my play through of ALBW when I know I was going to backtrack to collect rupees, maiamais, or heart pieces. I used Red for heart pieces, Blue for Maiamais, and Yellow for Rupees. It really helped me remember to collect everything in the game!!! :>

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I primarily used them to mark Maiamais I couldn't reach yet and big rocks.

Salem

SICK
I actually did use the pins throughout my play through of ALBW when I know I was going to backtrack to collect rupees, maiamais, or heart pieces. I used Red for heart pieces, Blue for Maiamais, and Yellow for Rupees. It really helped me remember to collect everything in the game!!! :>
That's pretty much what I do....

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
My first playthrough I didn't now they existed, so no, I didn't use them. XD

I plan to use them in subsequent playthroughs, though. They sound very handy.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I really wish I'd thought of that. I'm missing one Heart Piece. :(

No, I didn't use them. I forgot about them most of the time, haha.

Skunk

Floof
I didn't use the pins on my run through the Normal Mode of the game, but I'm marking down fairy fountains with them in my Hero Mode run.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
No I didn't use them actually. It probably would've been more handy than back tracking for hours trying to find the missing Maimais.

In my playthroughs of A Link Between Worlds, I knew they existed but I didn't have to use them, so nope. :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Wait there were pins?? Hahahahahahaha oh my word I didn't even know they existed until now :lol: In my first playthrough I was using Mother maiamai's map to search for the maiamais and relied on the numbers instead of these pins. It would have made it easier though. On my second playthrough I already knew the maiamai locations out of my head so I wouldn't have needed them anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom