• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Did you trust Sidon?

I don't know if this is just me, but during my initial playthrough of BotW, I found it very hard to trust Sidon.

I know that he is the bestest boy, but I just couldn't shake the idea that he was setting me up for a betrayal.

Maybe it was because every other Zora hated Link for what happened to Mipha and Sidon's friendliness felt a bit suspicious...

Did anyone else feel this way about him?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Of course I trusted him. The only zoras that hated Link were the old ones. All of the young adults, not just Sidon, didn’t begrudge Link one bit. Even the King, Mipha’s own father, did not hate Link. So Sidon’s kindness was not the least bit suspicious to me. Maybe if he was the only one it might have been suspicious, but the majority of the zoras were happy to see Link alive again. It was just the old fogies who weren’t.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Definitely trusted him. He's certainly charismatic and friendly
I didn't think Nintendo would have the narrative guts to pull off that kind of betrayal plotline in the game.
Plus this. Nintendo tends to be pretty straight forward with who's good and bad

*insert Sidon flex*

I think Sidon's friendliness is genuine, Mainly because he was really young when the events that happened 100 years before the games events, when Mipha was killed by Ganondorf(Calamity Ganon), and due to him still being a hatchling, he seen his big sisters death the fault of Ganon.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong King Dorphine, was also friendly towardLink from the start right?

I didn't distrust him to help me achieve what I needed to for the Zora questline with Vah Ruta, but I never liked him very much. None of the BotW characters had writing outside of just a random anime trope so it never really occurred to me to expect Sidon to change his angle, really. He was just a very creepy overrated yaoi shark man.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I trusted him, but more often than not I got frustrated with how he would cheer me on but never actually bother to help me or fight alongside me as I made my way to Zora's Domain.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I never felt there was any reason to distrust him. Though, now that you bring it up that could have been an insane plot twist. Imagine him not only blaming Link for the death of Mipha like most of the Zora elders, but feeling like he needs to be the one to save Zora's Domain because he is the Great Prince Sidon. Link walks out of Vah Ruta to be ambuished by Sidon giving an evil speech about his rise to fame and glory after he kills Link or something, and does his smile in an evil manner.

They missed the ball there, Sidon could have been way more interesting in this case.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I never saw him as suspicious, I completely trusted him and was thankful for him helping me to his home. Though if Nintendo did make him suddenly turn on us it would definitely catch me off guard. He was just so friendly, that I just saw him as a good friend.

Grigaming335

Korok Finder
I never even met him in my first playthrough until I got to Zora's Domain, stupidley went mountain climbing, waited for the rain to stop a few times, even made a campfire under a tree because the rain wouldn't stop (I didn't realise it was because of Ruta back then) and I didn't have the tower there so I had no idea where I was going. No that I know about him I trust him on every time I play again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom