• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Did You Think the Great Bay Temple Was Easy?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Currently i am playing through Majoras Mask and i did play this game a couple of years ago but only got past the 2nd Dungeon but recently i just went into the Great Bay Temple Blind.

I heard that this Dungeon was meant to be really hard and quite confusing as well as one of the hardest bosses in the Zelda series Gyorg, but i thought the Dungeon was quite easy as the puzzles were very good but a bit easy and also i didn't have any trouble finding the Stray fairies plus i also completed the Dungeon in under an hour which was quicker than i thought. Dont get me wrong it was a great Dungeon but i just thought it was quite easy and i think there are a lot harder Dungeons in the Zelda series as well as Bosses.

I just made this too see weather you thought this Dungeon was quite easy as it is believed to be one of the hardest Dungeons in the series!

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
It's not terribly difficult, the main thing is just realizing which pipes lead to where. My main issues with the dungeon resulted from all the platforming elements in it. I fell I don't know how many times thanks to the N64 controller.

Big Octo

=^)
For me, it's easily the most difficult Water dungeon. The pipe systems could prove useful, but at times it was still difficult to locate activation switches. Changing the direction of the water flow didn't increased the level of confusion. Eventually I can put the whole puzzle together, but not without consuming much time.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It wasn't easy, but I wouldn't call it difficult. It was really more confusing than anything, as it was a bunch of roundabouts and changing water flows and freezing and unfreezing water, and... yeah, just a bunch of things to pay attention to. Not that that's a bad thing. It just got tedious after a while.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
When i entered the main room i just separated the water flow rooms into sections...

For example you can only access two rooms from the main room and when you get the Dungeon item you revisit the rooms to activate the red water pipe ad then change the flow in the first room and go through them 2 rooms then that will lead you to the boss.

I just thought there were more rooms that lead of from the main room and that you had to change the flow many times and you didn't and that's why i thought it was a lot easier than i expected and another point is the Boss, as i didn't struggle with it really and i thought the 1st boss in the game was harder but maybe i just got lucky :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have not played Majoras Mask for a long time, however I can remember how intensely unpleasant the Great bay temple was as well as its boss. Not only was the dungeon itself frustrating and tedious with it's water changing it concluded with a fight which was much too hard in my view. The fight with Gyorg was long and hard and I died too many times. I generally hate water dungeons I think the only one I have ever enjoyed was the Ancient cistern.

I said this in another thread. Simply put, the answer to your question is no.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
You beat it in an hour? I had to take like a three month break because of that dungeon!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
As long as you can figure out how the pipe system works and what to use the ice arrows on you can beat the dungeon pretty quickly. Although most new players don't get it right away. Even after replaying the game several times I still get stuck occasionally. The most common reason for getting stuck, as I mentioned before, is forgetting to use the ice arrows in places that require them.

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
Third hardest dungeon I ever played, with Stone Tower Temple being second and MQ Spirit Temple as first. It took just about forever for me to get through, and Gyorg was my only death.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I agree- I didn't think it was very difficult. I had a harder time finding the last key in OoT's Water Temple.

It's harder than the water temple in Ocarina of Time. (Which wasn't all that hard, but whatever...) I thought the Great Bay Temple was difficult / frustrating, as was the Boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom