• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Think Link's Name Was Zelda?

Did You Think Link's Name Was Zelda?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Nope! I was introduced to the series by my cousin, who set me straight right off the bat. It also helps that the introduction was with Zelda II: The Adventure of Link :P

I really didn’t think Link had a name per se. I thought it was whatever you put as a name for Link, however though I may have called him Zelda once or twice before, but I am not sure.

I first thought that Zelda was Link until I played A Link to the Past which was my first Zelda game ever. I didn't know the Hero's name was actually Link until I played the Adventure of Link some years later and learned that was his name.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
No, I knew from the start that Zelda was the princess and Link was the hero. I can see how people might think Link's name is Zelda, that being the name of the series and all, but it's mentioned at least once in almost every Zelda game that the princess is named Zelda, and it wouldn't make much sense to have two characters named Zelda. On the back of the game boxes, it usually says something like, "Join Link on his most epic adventure yet!" or, "Play as Link while you travel across Hyrule." They don't put the name of the main character there for no reason whatsoever!

And I'm going to restrain myself from ranting about how some people still can't get his name right, even when they are informed that his name is Link.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
At first I didn't think he had a name because when I played ALttP, I was to young to even think about things like that. But I knew Link's name from playing Super Smash Bros. for the N64.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I thought his name was Zelda when I had only seen my brother's friend play Ocarina of Time once and had seen his character in the original Super Smash Bros. I was confused why it kept saying Link until I realized that his name must be Link. Oh the joys of childhood.

Funny story actually, my older cousin made me a file on ALttP and named it after me of course. So for awhile I thought he had the same name as me, then I started a new file and realized you could name Link lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom