• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Think Link's Name Was Zelda?

Did You Think Link's Name Was Zelda?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
not to sound like a smart azz, but I knew Zelda was a girl bc of Zelda Fitzgerald, so it couldn't have been the main guy's name.

Fig

The Altruist
Never.
Zelda always sounded girly to me and it just didn't make sense to call him Zelda.
It steams my broccoli when people call Link 'Zelda.' I correct them every time.

That is what I thought too! :D
I also thought that Zelda was a girl name and that it couldn't be the name of the protagonist in each Zelda game, since the hero was a boy. Plus, in some cases or all I don't know for sure, Zelda games give the pre-set name of Link as you type the name for your character.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I actually didn't at first I thought he was an unnamed protagonist simply because I rented OoT and there was file named Ganon and it was saved at Ganon's Tower before the fight with Ganondorf so I figured this guy didn't have a name. I figured out he was link when I played Super Smash Bros for the first time and chose him.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
At first I did in PH, but then Ciela started saying something like "This boy needs our help!" So I was like hmm thats not right, so I knew then that link wasn't Zelda, but I didnt know who zelda was (I accidentally skipped the prolouge)
Then I went to gamestop and played the demo and Ciela called him Link, so then I knew

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Never did myself but my little brother did when he was younger and still does sometimes xD
It's amusing actually...

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Not once did the notion cross my mind. To keep it clean, I won't quote the exact lie from the SMOSH Zelda rap, however, I will say that Zelda is a girl's name. Do I get a cookie for never making this common blunder? :puppy:

The fact itself that it's a common blunder (apparently) is just sad...

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Yeah I think pretty much everyone did especially back in the 80s. The first Zelda game I played was the first one and it gave you no idication on who the character was you were playing with so it was safe to assume the characters name was Zelda, especially since the game was called "The Legend of Zelda".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom