• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Did You Really Find the Water Temple As Hard As People Say?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
after going though a walkthough because i used to play OoT alot when i was small, but only the first three dungeons, I found out that you go though the temple in a clock wise matter, it really makes it easier then doing something else. But does any one think that nintendo made the 3ds version a little easier? like i don't know if i read it all the way but you just can't play the ocarina by memorizing the songs and going to the menu to remember but needing to go to the menu just to play a song makes it to easy and the colo coded lights in the water temple just make it to darn easy!...I got off track

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I didn't think it was that hard, but a little confusing. I was always told that the most annoying part of the temple was having to put on and take off the Iron Boots. I actually didn't find it that annoying, and in fact, there were a few parts meant to force you to use the boots, but I simply dived low enough to enter them.

THe water temple was very hard for me when I first got the game. I could not for the life of me find that key underneath the elevator device. I never thought to look there. Ironically, the boss was super easy.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
First time through: It was pretty rough for me. I was stuck on it for a good while. The puzzles were challenging, and half the time I was stuck wondering what the heck I was supposed to be doing. Pretty hard.

Second time through:
I learned the Temple pretty well my first time through, because I had scoured the whole place so many times. The water levels really got me, though. Despite that, I beat it in little over an hour. Fairly easy, but challenging at times.

Third time through:
I didn't do this one entirely on my own, I helped beat it for a friend. I started where he left off, at about 5% through the Temple. I also let him do the bosses, but the rest was mostly up to me. It took me a bit to get a feel for his current position (seeing the water levels and which puzzles had already been done), but other than that, it was a piece of cake. I had a fairly easy time, except for when I made it to the boss door, and realized I didn't have the Boss Key (this was a repeated mistake I also made on my 2nd run). Yay. Aside from that, it was extremely easy.

The Verdict:
It is definitely very challenging the first one or two times through, but once you learn it, it's actually very easy.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
For me the water temple was real easy and I am not good with puzzle temples but that temple wasn't very difficult you just go to the rooms over and over if you make one mistake.

i didn't find the water temple hard in general, but i hated the room right before the boss. it always takes me like 50 tries to get up the ramp!!

To be honest, while the Water Temple was a little unnerving, I didn't really have a major issue with it until I found many others who did (on the internet). When I played Ocarina of Time, the internet wasn't as popular as it is today and stuff ...or something ...so yeah. There was no internet hype for me at the time. On that note, I never used guides or the internet to aid me.

More to the point: Like the original poster of this thread, I got one hang up by one small key. The temple was otherwise a breeze, especially with Farore's Wind.

S

Synergise

The Water Temple still confuses me - I always think I know the way, and somehow always get it wrong. The Master Quest version is actually a lot simpler.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
No, it wasn't that hard for me, of course, iv'e been playing zelda since I was like, 5yrs old so. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom