• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Did You Really Find the Water Temple As Hard As People Say?

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
I was really intimidated when I entered the Water Temple on my first playthrough of OoT just because of all of the hype it created online, but it ended up actually being OK. I got through it with only one hang-up with a small key.

Really the rule I followed the entire time through the temple was to check every room at every water level if possible and everything turned out fine.

What were your experiences with the Water Temple?

When I first played it, it was. The main reason probably being that I was really young and had no idea where to go.

Now when I just played it recently, it wasn't hard but it was still irritating having to switch in and out of the Iron Boots.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Did you miss the small key where you had to bomb the wall? That's the one I missed.

Another rule I followed is, with the compass, all of the treasures that show up on the map are keys in the Water Temple.

C

Chainmail Tunic

It was more tedious rather than hard especially if you didn't know what you were doing. So many attempts in vain... The switching of the boots and Ocarina from the loading screen was annoying. This is something they're fixing in the upcoming 3DS version. The bottom screen will be used as a quick access item/equipment menu.

Yep. I mentioned in another thread that I got stuck as a kid and that temple made me give up the game for like 9 months. Then I got backed and beat it.

A few years ago when I was having another play through Zelda, it took me 4 and a half hours to beat. Now, I've gotten much better at it. I think the players who don't have as hard a time with it pay much more attention to the map.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
As I said it before, I'll say it again.

The Water Temple is not that hard, but uses common backtracking and remembering where you went through. The dungeon was basically made to test your memory of where you've been, and what you should do in this part. The ocarina and water levels was the only annoying part, but it was not that hard as people say.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I thought Arbiter's Grounds in TP was actually much harder. The only problem I had with the OoT Water Temple was I had done something out of order or whatever and I thought I still had one more key to find, but I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! Turns out I had already unlocked the door. :) I also lost my Zora Tunic because a Like-Like ate it. You don't actually need it but it got pretty stressful when I was diving underwater.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Actually I don´t think it is very hard. The hardest/annoying part is the water level. Up and down and up and down. But besides that it is actually a fun Temple. I like the puzzles in it :D

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Actually, I never thought the Water Temple in OoT was tough at all. Sure, the putting on the Iron Boots thing was annoying, but it wasn't hard. All you really had to do was check everything at every water level and, once you found the Longshot, do it again.

It's a lot like algebra in my opinion: it's easy, but it take a long time.

jugglaj91

I am me....
It is more annoying than hard. Having to switch boots every other step, playing the ocarina, remembering where you've been. It all adds up to annoying. As long as you're focused and not taking constant breaks/saves while in it, it isn't so bad.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The temple requires a lot of attention from the play so one must keep their eye out. However, the constant putting on and off of the boots really doesn't help. You'll be wandering everywhere in the temple looking for keys until you find that you missed one in a few rooms back. Do not leave a single room unturned, no matter how illogical it seems.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Me even though I'm practically a living walkthrough of OoT, I still get tripped up by it if I forget the Dungeon Map in the room after meeting Princess Ruto.

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
In my opinion, the Water Temple isn't as diffiucult as it's made out to be, but that's only because I spent so many hours on it in my first playthrough of the game. I believe I spent more than 100 hours in the Water Temple. On the bright side, I never spend more than an hour in it now when I'm doing a speed FC of OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom