• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You or Do You Keep a Diary?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was a kid I kept a diary but I destroyed it years ago. It was so filled with nonsense. So do you keep a diary or did you in the past? Did someone ever read your diary if you did/do and did/do you write all your deepest secrets in it? I did. My mom was always curious if I wrote anything about her and as soon as I went to school she sneaked into my room and read it. I had nothing special in it but still a bit more privacy would have been appreciated.
Why did I keep it? I don't know. Just for fun and boredom I guess

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I didn't really keep a diary. I've always attempted to keep diaries, but I always forget or I can't be bothered. I'm one of those people who really should write stuff down, but I never do. I've always lived in the kind of household where the idea of privacy is a joke. One time when I was like 10, I had a diary for like a week, and I gave up on that when my friend came to my house and read it while I was in the bathroom and found out I had some silly crush on a boy in our class and she went and TOLD HIM. I know I was only 10 but I was super embarrassed by that incident and I think that's why it was many years before I tried to keep a diary again.

Then when I started at uni I was in a dark dark place, so I started writing stuff down but then I'd read it back and it freaked me out so I chucked it away. Lately though, I've been writing memos on my phone to myself that kind of amount to a really brief diary. I tend to write these late at night. It kind of acts like a sieve to my thoughts so I can sleep rather than being neurotic old me and lying awake at night worrying about pointless stuff. I don't know, I've always admired people who have the patience to write faithfully in a diary all the time. I bet they'll make good reads when we're all old biddies and we look back at stupid stuff we wrote when we were teenagers.

I had a diary. My sister read it cause i let her. But it was filled with stupid things. I have been trying to write in it again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh yes I used to have many diaries/journals, but none of them really worked out. Once I wrote an entry titled "SUICIDE", obviously we can see where that went, my mom saw it and was like "what the heck is this" and that got me into so much trouble. Then I tried doing one of those computer note things, that didn't work out either since I titled that one "SUICIDE" as well, whoopdedoo my dad came in and took my Internet card thing away.

I had a notebook where I was gonna write down everything I did for every day for a year, I totally forgot about it once I learned about ZD. :)

So honestly, diaries/journals don't work for me either because 1) I title it something stupid 2) I am forgetful.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Nope, I never had one. It's not because "I'm to manly for a diary", because I actually tried to have one once. I just had nothing to write about though so the journal I had tried to write in has scribbles all over the first page and is somewhere in my closet.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have never had a diary/journal. I just never really felt like I needed it. Up until about 7 years ago, there wouldn't really have been anything to write about in one. But then, in Grade 4, when I bunch of stuff started happening around me, I considered getting one. But, I couldn't bring myself to write in it. I guess it may have been out of fear that somebody would read it and know how I felt about events that had occurred around that time, and I wanted to keep my feeling private.

I dunno, I could probably get away with keeping a secret journal nowadays, since everybody in my house is actually afraid to go in my room (I don't know why though... It's not like I boobytrapped it or anything :rolleyes:). But, I haven't had the motivation to get one, and I don't imagine that I ever really will. I find it much easier to convey my feeling through music than through words.

Oh, I've tried in the past. And failed. I'm just not consistent enough, and can't remember often enough, to keep a consistent diary. And even when I do remember, I choose to not update. Like with almost everything in my life.

So, I'd love to say I have one, but I don't. XD

Dan

Wow did everyone in this thread just leave their secrets right on the bed-side table or something, I'd of hidden mine if I had one.
Anyway I never had a diary/journal, I was thinking about it but after watching this show...
Doug-Season-3-Episode-10-Doug-Inc--Doug-s-Nightmare-on-Jumbo-St-.jpg

I thought no no nooooooooooooo never!

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Yes I do and often. I have a lot of locked books and diaries so I decided to use them for fun or boredom, but sometimes I would use it to vent all of my feelings. When I looked back at my older entries, I feel like puking because it was filled with odd nonsense. I never ever ever EVER let anyone see my diary, even if the person is close or a relative. I treat it as something special.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I tried a couple of times, but I was rubbish at it. I wrote a couple of entries and then forgot all about it, until a long time passed and I felt likt doing it again and I started over with a new one. I had plenty of things I wanted to write down, just didn't have the patience to keep it up over time.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I tried keeping a journal when I went through that whole Diary of a Wimpy Kid phase (5th grade pls don't ask), but it was always too much of a hassle to keep up with and it really didn't do me any good. It took way too long to formulate my thoughts into words and was just more frustrating than relaxing. Despite that one period where I kept track of my thoughts (maybe a month), I never really saw the appeal of keeping a journal. I always felt like a ***** spilling out my thoughts on paper like that, to be honest. I have a really good memory, so I'd remember anything that went well or went wrong during a given time. I usually just physically talk about my feelings rather than put them down on a permanent medium.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Yea, I had one when I was younger. I actually found it a couple of days ago and began to read it. It was... interesting to say the least. Anyways, I ended up throwing it out. I haven't had a diary or journal since.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I kept one my study abroad semester. 800 pages later... I was done with diaries...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I do keep a diary! But it's not just a 'Dear Diary, today I fell over...' sort of thing, it's more of an album. It's my big book where I put in photos and I date them, add location, who was there. It'll be something nice to flick through when I'm older and even show any kids. And, god forbid, when people there's pictures of aren't around anymore, it'll be lovely to see all the good times with them. So, I've been keeping it since I was about 16, across 2 books so far. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom