• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Did You Like Wolf-Link?

Did you like Wolf Link?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was ok

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Djinn

and Tonic
I honestly did not mind it at all as far as gameplay. The only thing that I kept thinking about was, why? The concept of turning Link into a wolf and needing to travel around Hyrule using wolf senses and howling at stones seems like such a strange departure for a Zelda game to take. I just never would have thought of that when thinking up possible scenarios and game mechanics of a future sequel. Now it seems that absolutely anything is possible after that event. Instead of making the hero travel through various exotic environments, we can now have totally different species for the hero at times. and that does not mean humanoid anymore. what that could inspire for the future I do not know.

My only real complaint with it is that wolf Link never evolves or progresses later on in the game. Link over the course of the adventure will get a stronger sword requiring less hits to defeat enemies or other items that give him abilities that he did not have before making traveling or fighting easier. But Wolf Link stays the same through the game. His attacks never go up, he never gains any new moves to fight enemies, or any new abilities to travel rougher or difficult areas. Over time using Wolf Link becomes a chore because it is just like having to jump back to a previous state with much fewer options and it is harder to kill enemies. The fact that the enemies in the later parts are tougher and require more hits to kill in general also make this an annoying event. Wolf Link should have gotten something to increase the gameplay as well.

Yes Wolf Link was a great Idea,he was really fun to play and unlike Sonic Unleashed the wolf gameplay plays pretty much like human Link and Wolf Link doesn't take 80% of gameplay to leave only 20% of human gameplay.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
It made me think Link was a werwolf... but other than that he was cool. I really liked how they used the wolf's howl as a musical instrument. What will Link become next? A Coocoo?

I liked Wolf link a lot. I sort of wish Skyward Sword would of had some type of transformation. It was unique and intuitive!

Yeah. Not as much as Hylian Link, but he was still pretty "beast" (pun intended)

My only real complaint with it is that wolf Link never evolves or progresses later on in the game. Link over the course of the adventure will get a stronger sword requiring less hits to defeat enemies or other items that give him abilities that he did not have before making traveling or fighting easier. But Wolf Link stays the same through the game. His attacks never go up, he never gains any new moves to fight enemies, or any new abilities to travel rougher or difficult areas. Over time using Wolf Link becomes a chore because it is just like having to jump back to a previous state with much fewer options and it is harder to kill enemies. The fact that the enemies in the later parts are tougher and require more hits to kill in general also make this an annoying event. Wolf Link should have gotten something to increase the gameplay as well.

My thoughts exactly.

I like the wolf for travel when I'm not teliporting but in the first half of the game where you have to kill the bugs just felt like so much filler because I honestly found them incredibly boring to sit through, those sections are the only things I never look forward to whenever I replay the game.

I liked wolf links attack (especially against keese and poes) and how people screamed a ran from him. And how he could see the spirit people in twilight realm oh and how he could talk to animals. Besides that it wasnt anything too special. Actually reading my post that was a lot of cool things ok wolf link is fun

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I liked the concept of Wolf Link, and I didn't mind playing as him throughout the game. He did have limited abilities, but one can argue to a certain extent that Nintendo did this intentionally. Wolf Link in the product when Link and Twilight Shadows meet, and the Twilight Shadows are supposed to put Link in a limited, constricted form, which is why Wolf Link couldn't do much. But adding a collectible that made Wolf Link's powers stronger wouldn't hurt the case at all. So overall, I liked Wolf Link.

I loved turning into Wolf Link! it was an amazing experience to see Link in not only a new graphical form but in a different form altogether. i also didnt really mind the forced wolf parts i thought the were pretty fun in my opinion. I also loved how you had to jump while z-targetting Midna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom