• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Did You Like Wolf-Link?

Did you like Wolf Link?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was ok

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never noticed the parallel between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. The one thing they carry over from Majora's Mask is forcing you to spend time in a transformation you don't like (and for Majora's Mask it was the only boring transformation).

I personally loved being a Deku Scrub for the first part of MM, because it is so much fun to get out of. The short beginning of MM was a bunch of side-quests and mini-games, whereas the excruciatingly long beginning of TP was a lot of fetch quests, as a wolf that can't do anything remotely fun. Run, press B, use senses, press A. Not to mention the music in the Twilight Realms was terrible and made me want to leave even faster than I already did, but I couldn't, and I'm stuck as a dumb wolf. The Deku Scrub looks silly but he can fly, shoot bubbles, hop on water, and do a graceful spin.

MW7

I personally loved being a Deku Scrub for the first part of MM, because it is so much fun to get out of. The short beginning of MM was a bunch of side-quests and mini-games, whereas the excruciatingly long beginning of TP was a lot of fetch quests, as a wolf that can't do anything remotely fun. Run, press B, use senses, press A. Not to mention the music in the Twilight Realms was terrible and made me want to leave even faster than I already did, but I couldn't, and I'm stuck as a dumb wolf. The Deku Scrub looks silly but he can fly, shoot bubbles, hop on water, and do a graceful spin.

Actually I agree completely, I just mean that the Deku Scrub was my least favorite of Link's forms so I wish when we were stuck in a form that it was any of the other ones. I could easily play through a whole game as a Zora or Goron. I loved the beginning of Majora's Mask as well, and I think that Twilight Princess tried something similar and I had the complete opposite reaction. Majora's Mask had you do interesting things in a lively town when you were stuck as a Deku whereas Twilight Princess made you literally follow a map to find things while you were stuck as a wolf. It didn't help that the segments in Twilight Princess were longer or that they made you do it 3 times either (actually somewhere around 6 times I think if you count the non-tear wolf segments) because when something's tedious you just want it to end faster. Also I never fully appreciated just how much the Deku can actually do. While not being the coolest transformation, it might be the most useful one of all.

I don't like it... I love it! I think it making link able to transform in to a wolf was a good and criative idea, it makes the game different. It helps a lot when you want to dash because link couldnt and it makes a criative way to teleport.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i did like it. was dubious about it when i first heard Link would turn into a wolf but it was worked into the game really well. still preferred regular Link but being a wolf was fun.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I think I like the idea more than the actual thing. I mean, a Hero with the ability to transform into a Sacred Beast? Sounds awesome, right?

But to be honest, I could have done the game without him. I didn't particularly like or hate him. It was just another part of a good game to me.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I thought wolf link was great by limiting AND expanding your moveset but I think it could have been executed better. Like expanded the emphasis of being a wolf besides the fact that you can talk to animals and scare humans.(which I found hilarious)

I personally did not like Wolf Link. I did not enjoy trying to control him while I was running or fighting. It was probably one of the worst things that Nintendo did. Worst transformation animals/people that ever happened.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I liked playing as WL and I think he had some pretty cool abilities but some of his segments could get a little repetitive and some parts playing as WL were kind of pointless. I probably would've enjoyed playing as WL more if they didn't constantly have you doing the same things like following senses and collecting tears.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wolf Link himself is a freaking badass. What was done with him was lackluster at times, though. There are some high points for him, but, while I'm not one to complain much about this at all, the Tears of Light sections were a bit dull. A great concept, but they weren't executed as well as they could have been. Once we were able to turn into wolf at will, though, he flat-out soared. The only downside was he didn't too many good features for him to excel in after that point.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I have to go with no, because his gameplay wasn't advanced enough. If they had made it more immersive, like the Goron, Deku Scrub, and Zora forms of Link in MM, I would've liked it much much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom