• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like Twilight Princess

Austin

Austin
Twilight Princess is definitely one of my favorite Zelda games. The Midna x Link relationship had a lot to do with it. By far the most developed relationship in any Zelda game, imo. I also loved the move away from the cel-shaded atmosphere of WW. The removal of the magic meter was a disappointment but the inclusion of new sword techniques almost made up for it. But beyond that, like other people have said, it was far to easy, and there wasn't enough content outside of the main quest. Really, would it have been that hard to put a trading sequence or something in there?
Yeah... Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game!
Because is it a funny game and magical! Link is soooo cute!
Link-is-back-in-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-which-has-become-the-must-have-title-for-the-Wii,E-A-93826-13.jpg
You are sooooooo right HaLink ;)

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Lots of good things have been said. One thing about the "ease" of this game compared to others - that's, uh, one of the reasons I like it? :lol:

Let me contrast it to MM, which I am currently playing. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying playing it too, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what to do next in the overworld. This may be simply because I save often and forget what the last hint was when I come back, but there is something in my brain that does not connect one hint to another the first time I'm playing it, even though it seems more obvious in retrospect. But TP, to me, was pretty straightforward on what to do next, and it allowed me to concentrate on the journey instead of running to one place or another hoping to find a person who would explain what I needed to do next (and not finding anyone because I've already had my hints, just haven't connected the dots). This is solely personal preference, since I'm sure MM is a favorite to other people precisely because of that. Taking all the games together, though, it's nice to have that range of accessibility.

That being said, I do think the bosses in TP could have been made harder simply by making them take more hits to go down, since overall I enjoyed the concept of them.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Lots of good things have been said. One thing about the "ease" of this game compared to others - that's, uh, one of the reasons I like it? :lol:

Let me contrast it to MM, which I am currently playing. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying playing it too, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what to do next in the overworld. This may be simply because I save often and forget what the last hint was when I come back, but there is something in my brain that does not connect one hint to another the first time I'm playing it, even though it seems more obvious in retrospect. But TP, to me, was pretty straightforward on what to do next, and it allowed me to concentrate on the journey instead of running to one place or another hoping to find a person who would explain what I needed to do next (and not finding anyone because I've already had my hints, just haven't connected the dots). This is solely personal preference, since I'm sure MM is a favorite to other people precisely because of that. Taking all the games together, though, it's nice to have that range of accessibility.

That being said, I do think the bosses in TP could have been made harder simply by making them take more hits to go down, since overall I enjoyed the concept of them.

Here's a trick I made up. When you save, put something in the item spaces, like a mask or an item that you'll need, in order to remind you of what you were doing. I'd give you an example but I don't know how far you are and don't want to spoil it.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I didn't really like TP.

I don't know why, it just wasn't as good as some other ones. 1. could be that there's no magic meter, which I REALLY hope will be in ZW. 2. I guess could be that TOO realistic. I know they were going for realistic ness, but making Link's expressions and the cinimatics so realistic didn't give them time to fill in some of the other gaps where they lagged off. 3. I hate being a wolf.... EOC!

Kybyrian

Twilight Princess was all over a very amazing game, but not one of my favorites. The game was great in many of its own little ways. I really never had many complaints about Twilight Princess, except for the Snowpeak Mansion, that thing just made me mad. I suppose that's just my own opinion, however...

There was really very little wrong with Twilight Princess. I loved the items, I really enjoyed, for the most part, the dungeons that were in it, the enemies and bosses were great, I really liked the story, etc.

I think Twilight Princess hurts the Zelda series. It was an alright game, but it wasn't Zelda. I'll write a full blown essay about why I feel this way and put it on the TP forums when I have time.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
It was good, I'll give it that, but not close to my favorite. People all say that it has a really dark storyline, but it failed to move me as much as MM.

And the big reason that the storyline seems so much deeper and darker is mostley because of the improved graphics. (in my opinion, at least)

Tom

Agreed. Despite the stupid bosses - which really lowered the game's quality IMO- and the lack of a more complete overworld, TP was an awesome game to me. Being 'easy' isn't a problem at all to me. I'm no xtreme3p1cg4m3rh4rc04r4lif3z, so that didn't matter to me. I also think that knowing what you're supposed to do next increases the game quality. I'll use MM as an example as well, for I think they look really different in much aspects (TP x MM). You can't say the game is hard or difficult because it looks messy or you don't really know what to do next. That should actually be marked as a big failure. It looks like the game wasn't properly done. This is one of the biggest reasons why I don't think MM is undeniably one of the best / the best game of all. Plus, a good number of sidequests and a good quest system are different things, quantity doesn't mean quality, does it?

Or you can simply read this: Twilight princess was kull.

M

~Midna~

I loved it, I thought the story plot was really good. Also I think I would overall call it my favorite... well maybe, if it's not my favorite it's pretty close so I will leave it at that. I did think it was to easy though, I would have liked if the dungeons were a bit more challenging. Like the place were you get the third piece of the mirror of twilight was to easy there should have been a bit more to it than just getting through the place and then turning around and coming back. I also don't like how you get some weapons/items that you only need like once and then they now longer are worth anything. Like the dominion rod, you only need it for one dungeon and then to move the owl statues and thats it. But out of the whole game those are the only real flaws I can find, I loved it. I especially loved the characters ;)

H

HaLink

Yeah, i like Twilight Princess very.
Mabye it is my best game...

H

HaLink

Yeah, I like Twilight Princess very.
Mabye my best Zelda game...

I think TP was a great game!! I think the way how you could be a wolf and then change back to human when ever you wanted to. Also i believe the game on the wii version was amazing the controls were good that the very first time we ever had a Zelda game ever on the wii system i and believe they did a great job working with it. I dont think ill ever go back to the gamecube controls ever again!!

<Zelda Forever> :)

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I like it, it didn't disappoint me, except it didn't fit in as well with the rest of the games... but I still liked it. I hated the "tears of light", though. Out of all the menacing creatures that could have taken them, they had to go with the same repetative bugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom