• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Did You Like Twilight Princess?

Did you like twilight princess?

• Yes I loved it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's an ok game

• I don't like it.

• Total voters
A multitude of dungeons, a large and true overworld, complex villains in the forms of Zant and Ganondorf, and Midna-arguably the most well developed supporting character in franchise history. You're being sarcastic, right?

The dungeons were pathetically easy, the overworld was barren, Zant was a weakling (although he was pretty cool) and Ganondorf was less fleshed out than ever, and I absolutely HATE Midna (although I hate virtually every support character, I especially hate Midna. I mean, just shut the hell up and let me warp; I don't care if people see me!). So no, I'm not being sarcastic. Emoticon sticking out its tongue.

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It's by no means a bad game, at many times I loved it but there were many flaws that but it down very low in my list of Zelda Games. The Game was just dark, and not in a good way. Some games use the dark mature graphic style well like Skyrim or Residant Evil. But for a Zelda game! No. The style just felt bland to me, there was hardly any colors which made me feel sort of depressed when I played it. Maybe if the game added some colors and made the graphics more bright it would have been a good style.

The story of Twilight Princess wasen't bad but wasn't very good either. You start with a very epic entrance where you find the whole land engulfed in twilight. But soon the games story just got the same. Find some tears turn out of a wolf. Now your for some reason the hero. Go and get some random relic. Find more tears. Do this over and over again. More wolf play, you find the sword. Then Ganondorf is just brought squeezed into the game which in my opinion was not important to have. Then we learnd about Zant which is cool and then the end. Not a very good story. The story is just plain and boring.

The side content was more or less abunch of collecting and Minigames, and that's by no means bad. But I like Side quests like Skyward Sword and Majoras Mask. Those games had in depth side quests that were not just collecting and Minigames. Let's take Majoras Mask for example. We have the regular Minigames but we also have, helping peaple defend farms, helping a couple who are engaged, and so much more. But Twilght Princess, find souls and bugs and play a game with a creepy clowns in Lake Hylia. Not how I want to spend my time.

Those are most of the flaws but there are many good things. The dungeons even though being way too easy we're very fun and unique. But the best thing is Hyrule Field. The world is huge and there is a lot of fun things to find and explore. Just riding my horse through the open fields was by far the best part of the game.

So in a list Twilight Princess might go number eight or seven. One being the best. So in the end, Ok game.

I enjoyed my first playthrough quite a bit. On my second playthrough I struggled to get through it. The game is great as far as video game standards are concerned, it just isn't the best Zelda game.

I think the game would have been way way better without the tears of light quests, they were god awful. And personally, I didn't like playing as the wolf one bit.

That being said, the game was absolutely huge. The main quest was long and there were so many dungeons. There were TONS of poe souls and pieces of heart to collect. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a disappointment, because I really did love playing through it. It's replay value just wasn't there for me.

replaying Twilight Princess for my first time (on gamecube) since launch week (originally had it for wii), I don't understand all the hate for this game in the Zelda community.

it's really epic and so far the story is dope, I just unfroze Zoras Domain.

but yeah the most hate I see for this game is "it's too much like OOT"

lol oh really? how? you don't get a musical instrument, you don't go forward and backward in time, etc etc.

in OOT the world wasn't this big, you didn't get bomb arrows and all that ****, you didn't get to take control of a giant evil bird to fly up to Zoras domain, I just don't understand the hate for this game. it's too epic

As a game, Twilight Princess was better than most. But as a Zelda game, I think it tried to hard to be Ocarina of Time. I believe the developers were so concerned with trying to redo OoT that they didn't let TP do its own thing. It makes my list of top 5 Zelda games, but not by much.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
How much do you want to bet most of the people that dog Twilight Princess now, said it was their favorite Zelda game when it came out? When one sheep bahs the others join in.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
TP is now my second favorite LoZ game with the release of SS but when TP came out, it was the best Zelda game ever.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
As I've typed before, this game was the game I started with. I loved the graphics since I'd been playing toon based graphics games for so long prior. The bosses looked really cool, especially Zant and Blizzeta.

I Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game ever made! The dungeons are made well, the controls are good (gamecube), and there was just so much to the game!:D

I really loved this game, it is one of my favorites (pretty close tie with Ocarina of Time). I loved the style, Link, Midna, and the story. I have replayed that game many times and I really enjoyed the game.

I don't care what people would say, Twilight Princess is my favourite Zelda game ever, and my second favourite video game!

It was the first Zelda game I ever played, and it was what got me into the Zelda series (yes, I am a huge Zelda fan!). I fell in love with the music, the story, the gameplay, the characters...everything. I would replay it every so often (whenever I have the time) and I never get tired.

In short, I ADORE this game!

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I thought Twilight Princess was a great game. Very long and if your trying to 100% it, it will keep you very busy for quite a while. It also has a very deep story to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom