• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Did You Like Twilight Princess?

Did you like twilight princess?

• Yes I loved it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's an ok game

• I don't like it.

• Total voters

zellinkda

one of many
hey everyone! I just wanted to ask, did you like twilight princess? someone told me that it was a terrible game, and I played it before from start to finish and I personally LOVED it. so I don't know what that guy was talking about. It does bring up a great question. thoughts please and thank you :):):clap:eek:.o;)

I think it's a good game by most standards, but compared with some of the great Zelda games (like OoT, MM, ALttP), it just doesn't stack up. The main reasons that some Zelda fans don't like it are that 1. it was overhyped, 2. it was way too easy, 3. it was too similar to OoT and didn't stand out enough on it's own, and 4. Zant was built up to be a really cool villain, then all his coolness just went away when he started making chicken noises and spinning around like a madman. It is a really good game, just not a really good Zelda game.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really loved the game. It is a fantastic Zelda game that is in the same league as OoT and MM. There's been several threads regarding this subject and I've noticed a lot of differing opinions. I really don't see any flaws with the game. I've played it three times; twice just beating the game and once beating it with 100% completion (thanks to ZD walkthoughs :)) and I really love it. I could play it over and over.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Yes, I really love this game. It was a great balance between main story line and side quests, and the graphics were amazing. (By the way, there are multiple forums threads like this. Please, next time check to make sure the thread is original.)

if it was not part of the Legend of Zelda series (read: if it was a stand alone game), it would be a better game IMO. But when I compare it to other 3D Zelda games, something seemed lacking. Not sure what it was, it just felt slightly below the level of the other 3D games. Now I still enjoyed the game, but because I didn't like it as much in comparison to the other 3D games, I had to say it is an okay game.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
love it , I absolutely love it, I've just beaten Zant, he was a lot easier that I thought he would be, you could use the shield to block all of his attacks.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
hey everyone! I just wanted to ask, did you like twilight princess? someone told me that it was a terrible game, and I played it before from start to finish and I personally LOVED it. so I don't know what that guy was talking about. It does bring up a great question. thoughts please and thank you

I don't know what he was talking about either, there is no such thing as a terrible 3d zelda game. TP is personally one of my absolute favourites, tied with OOT for the top spot, so yes I do like Twilight princess.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I LOVED IT! The final boss battle, the OoT feel (Triforce, Master Sword, Zelda, Ganon, Link) it all ties up to an awesome game. But I agree, it isn't as better as Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time. That doesn't change my love about it, however.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, I loved Twilight Princess more than any other game I'd ever played. Reason being it was everything I wanted out of it and then some. I wanted realistic graphics (just to see what Zelda looked like in them), a darker, more mature story, and a cinematic feel. Of course, that describes Twilight Princess perfectly. I realized it had its flaws, and I have come to realize many more of them recently, but it's still my favorite Zelda game and favorite game in general. We'll see how that plays out when Skyward Sword comes out, though.

Status Update: Skyward Sword has, indeed, become my new favorite Zelda.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't like it as much as I could've. Had I been new to Zelda, maybe I would like it more. But since I have fought enemy after enemy before playing TP, I found it to be a bit dull and boring, not to mention easy. Also, I hated the plot line with a passion, and many characters served nothing more than to make me mad. I'm not hating on the game, I was just disappointed in it. I'm sure Skyward Sword will make up for my distraught experience with TP!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I must say I loved it too. I just recently replayed it again, this time on Dolphin (Wii version). And let me tell you, graphically-wise it's such a HUGE improvement over playing it on the Wii or GC. To think that a game developed for a console which was pretty much finished back in 2000 (11 years ago!) can look so great if you apply some simple tricks like setting the internal resolution to Full HD and applying anti-aliasing (unfortunately the Wii can't do neither of both things which makes the game look extremely blurry on a 46" screen) is really amazing and shows me how much dedication was put into it.
My theory is that they first intended the Wii to be an HD console and therefore developed the game with high-res textures and detailed polygons, which is very apparent if you play the game on Dolphin! I played WW on Dolphin too so I can see the difference.
I also really liked the art style which was in fact a combination of realism and fantasy and not purely realistic as some people say (I mean, it had it's very silly moments too, for example the look of Fyer and Falbi is very toonish, same with the Gorons, Zora , Oocca etc.). At the same time it was very detailed, unlike WW or SS. I prefer it over hyper-realism like in CoD games as well. TP just had the right mixture between realism and fantasy so graphically-wise it's really a 10/10. A cousin of mine has a PS3 with those new games like FIFA12 and NBA2K12 and both games look really much inferior to TP, even after 5 years (TP has really much more love put into it). This shows me that even in the graphics department, Nintendo is clearly ahead of its competitors, it's just the hardware that is lacking.
But of course gameplay is the mot important thing and I think that TP had very many unique ideas there like the many different sword techniques and creative items like the spinner or the ball and chain. I also really liked it that bomb arrows returned in TP, they were so useful! The items just could've been used more and I also think that overall the game was a bit too easy for an experienced Zelda player, maybe a difficulty setting which would've changed damage formulas and enemy AI would've been helpful here, but for some reason Nintendo somehow doesn't like this idea :/ But there were also some parts which I had my difficulties with like the miniboss in Snowpeak or in minigames like the snowboard race or the boat game. I think that if every Ironknuckle would've been as hard as the final Ganondorf battle (being quite fast and dodging many attacks), then this would've been the right difficulty setting for me. For comparison: I still fail at AoL (dying a lot, >20 times) but I can beat aLttP 100% in 4 hours without dying once.
But the overworld and dungeons were so much better than in WW, even though Hyrule Field was quite big you could quickly cross it with Epona and warping was available quite early in the game, unlike in WW where sailing took ages and for some unexplainable reason you couldn't even warp to every square after learning an optional song which I guess many players have even missed. I also liked the dungeons' themes a lot, especially Death Mountain, Arbiters' Grounds, Snowpeak Mansion and City in the Sky really made you feel as if you were just there! The other dungeons were all unique from each other too!
Storywise they could've done a bit better. While I really think that Midna was the best sidekick in terms of character development in the whole Zelda series before Tatl and WAY before Navi (I wonder how Phi will do), they could've done more with Ilia and the other village kids, especially Colin. I also think that the introduction of Ganondorf into the story wasn't executed perfectly, but generally I don't mind his inclusion that much. I also liked those little twists, like the Gorons being against you in the beginning but turning to your side after beating the dungeon.
Overall, after previously rating it 8/10 because of the flaws, upon further and more "neutral" thinking I'd give this game a 9/10 now, making it equal to OoT and only falling behind MM and aLttP (both 10/10 for me). If they had included some of their beta ideas, like keeping the magic meter (+ fire/ice/light arrows and medallion spells from aLttP) and having this über-awesome Gohma battle, then I'd probably give it a 9.5-10/10.

T

themaddoughnut

it was my favorite on tied with oot. i loved the story, gameplay and the dark atmosphere of the game

Adam

Undefeated
there's alot of TP threads it seems like recently. like i've said in those it was a wonderful game and will be in my memories of Zelda forever, but i think people thought it would be better! and not meeting expectations, even for a great game, can be troubling. however, people who didn't pay attention to trailers or rumors or read news probably will all say it was a success. and even the complainers will say its a great game, they just wanted more. and i believe SS totally delivers what we have been waiting for!

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I loved it to death the first time I played it. A large part of that was the fact that I was playing the Wii version, it was the first motion-controlled game I had ever played, and it was a tun of fun playing with those controls. That's not to say I wouldn't have loved it as a GameCube game, however; I also really liked the cutscenes, and felt it was some of the best cinematic storytelling I had ever seen from a Zelda game.

At the time I was a member on the Zelda Elements Forums, and I was surprised after I finished the game and got on the forums how much hate it seemed to be getting. People were simply tearing it apart for the most nit-picky and pointless things ever. Yes, there are small things that could have been done better, but there's so much more that was done so well that the mistakes were practically negligible. These small flaws seemed only to really be in the side quests, however, (Poe Souls, I'm looking at you) and the main quest was truly a masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom