• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Did You Like Twilight Princess?

Did you like twilight princess?

• Yes I loved it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's an ok game

• I don't like it.

• Total voters
Despite my nitpicks for the game, I love it to death and don't understand why some people hate it.

The game isn't as easy as everyone says. The puzzles are actually well-designed and can be very challenging at times, and the combat is very fun (Hold on people, I said FUN not hard.) despite its easy difficulty. Midna is probably the single most well-developed and lovable Zelda character in history, Zant was such a great villain, the plot twists were done well. The gameplay was fun as always and the items, dungeons, and overworld were fun to use/play/traverse.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
you're right there, i've had to look at this sites walkthrough hundreds of times, but it's still a fun game, even though it's hard, ( well it's hard to find out what to do , the actual doing of the puzzle isn't that hard. )

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I think it's a good game by most standards, but compared with some of the great Zelda games (like OoT, MM, ALttP), it just doesn't stack up. The main reasons that some Zelda fans don't like it are that 1. it was overhyped, 2. it was way too easy, 3. it was too similar to OoT and didn't stand out enough on it's own, and 4. Zant was built up to be a really cool villain, then all his coolness just went away when he started making chicken noises and spinning around like a madman. It is a really good game, just not a really good Zelda game.

Really? I thought Zants coolness was ruined when ganon took over. I liked his insane thing. "LIMBO TIME"

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Really? I thought Zants coolness was ruined when ganon took over. I liked his insane thing. "LIMBO TIME"
Ruined?.. It was ripped apart, stomped upon and then thrown into the trash can..
He went from being this mysterious twili guy to a pathetic chimp imitating boss that we beat over 5 times in different enviroments..
TP was a fun game, But it didn't live up to it's hype and the developers went with ''Quantity before Quality''..

The reason I put TP on the bottom of Favorite Zelda games is because I get bored of the game's hugeness, After the Fused Shadow chapter they send us into the most distant places and we don't see any change on the overworld, And it doesn't feel as if we accomplished anything..

Collecting tears of light or recovering the Fused Shadows actually made a difference, But helping a snowman couple in northern Hyrule, Saving a city (Where there are no houses nor people) in the sky or doing something that I still don't understand in another dimension (Temple of Time) didn't affect the overworld one bit. Those parts of the game were clearly made to make it a bigger game..

To answer the question.. Yes I liked the game at first (First two playthoughs). But then It gets boring.. for me at least ;)

I really liked the atmosphere of the game and just the way the story progresses(except for Ganon taking over the plot), but everything else could have been made a lot better.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Really? I thought Zants coolness was ruined when ganon took over.
Ruined?.. It was ripped apart, stomped upon and then thrown into the trash can..
He went from being this mysterious twili guy to a pathetic chimp imitating boss that we beat over 5 times in different enviroments..

This is one complaint that I just cannot stand. So many people blame Ganon for being what ruined Zant. That is not true at all. Nintendo is what ruined Zant. He still could have been an awesome villain and great boss fight if he'd been the effortless badass he'd been before. But, no, he became a lunatic. And who's fault is that? Nintendo's. Not Ganondorf's. Ganondorf has become a scapegoat for people's frustration of Zant being ruined by him being insane at the end of the game. I guarantee you Ganondorf wouldn't get as many complaints in TP if Zant hadn't been ruined by Nintendo.

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, it definitely blows Wind Waker out of the water. It gave me that amazing feeling of being free, and despite the terrible linearity, it still gave me a great sense of exploration. Hyrule Field was indeed empty, but it didn't feel as claustrophobic as the Great Sea does. I mean if I were Link, I would certainly be more comfortable in the land than in water. The different elements that were implemented here was also amazing! I loved how they used the Hidden Skills to add more flavor to the gameplay. It was a fresh breath of air. Well, I guess I could type here all day for reasons why TP is the most perfect Zelda out there (maybe tied to OoT), but who has time like that, right?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
This is one complaint that I just cannot stand. So many people blame Ganon for being what ruined Zant. That's not true at all. Nintendo is what ruined Zant. He still could have been an awesome villain and great boss fight if he'd been the effortless badass he'd been before. But, no, he became a lunatic. And who's fault is that? Nintendo's. Not Ganondorf's. Ganondorf's become a scapegoat for people's frustration from Zant being ruined by him being insane at the end of the game. I guarantee you Ganondorf wouldn't get as many complaints in TP if Zant hadn't been ruined by Nintendo.

Yes, I'm sorry if I made it seem like Ganon was the one that ruined Zant.. It was Trolltendo's fault ;)

Z

ZombieCucco

I haven't played it in a few years due to no longer having a Wii and my GC not having enough juice left in it to read the GC version disc without a disc read error, but the game did disappoint me. I played it all the way through, yes, and enjoyed it, but there were a few key things that failed me (however, I also wasn't a fan of Wind Waker, and have since come to like it a lot more than I used to -- maybe the same will be true of TP).

1. The difficulty: Everyone already knows about this. The combat difficulty, especially, was far too low to hold my interest. And with the exception of maybe two enemy types that appeared infrequently, the optionally-learned combat moves didn't really make combat any easier, since combat was already pretty much as easy as it could get. The one thing I'll always remember about combat in TP is waiting ages for bokoblins to even try to attack me... then when they did, they were too slow.

2. The graphics style and animation: The graphics style was actually really, really good. However, and perhaps this is unique to me, it made me sleepy. Not from eye strain or anything like that, but it just had some quality that induced boredom in me, I guess, when I looked at the game. I suppose it would be like playing a long game with Norman Rockwell-esque graphics. The only problem I remember having with the animation is that Link seemed way too stiff when running and jumping (OoT had better running and jumping animations, in my opinion). It's like Brawl's Ganondorf model running: It looks like he has a stick/metal rod rammed up him. Finally, the Master Sword... it looked too long.

3. The sound effects: They were also really, really good, but there was something about several of them that I didn't like, and some of them contributed to that feeling I got from the graphics (specifically, the text-writing and press-A-to-continue sounds, but maybe also the little music you get when opening chests and getting items). Superb music, though: Lake Hylia, Midna's Lament, and the Serenade of Water remix stand out in my memory as some of the best songs I've ever heard in a game.

4. The characters: It was not a good idea to introduce so many characters and then practically throw many of them away after just a little bit of interaction. Colin and company, I'm looking at you. The people who move on the castle to help Link at the end didn't get nearly enough screen time, either. And while I don't dislike Zant's personality change as much as others do, the cutscene where Zelda drops her sword, and the battle with Zant really do clash. The former made him out to be a much cooler villain than he ended up being.

5. Chest contents and rewards: Rupees, rupees everywhere, and not a thing to spend them on. Wait... armor, in an already extremely easy game, that spends my rupees for me? Why?

6. Side quests: The good ones -- where were they? I didn't even finish the Poe Souls one, since the game had no equivalent of the Sun's Song, to my knowledge, and I wasn't going to scour the huge world again, waiting for nightfall at each locale, just to find 1-2 more Poes for some golden idiot. Catching bugs was more fun, but the word "fun" still only loosely applies to it.

7. Size/emptiness: The whole world, but especially Hyrule Field, was guilty of being too big for what was actually in it. Now, I loved the size of Hyrule Field, but there just wasn't enough to do in it. It felt a bit like the repetitive sailing that everyone complains about from Wind Waker.

Those may or may not be all my complaints, as it's been a while. I think the dungeons and bosses didn't disappoint me, however, and in a Zelda game, that's a very good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

zellinkda

one of many
I can understand how people felt upset that Zant was virtually obliterated from the game in the end, but honestly, I saw that one coming. from the beginning, Ganondorf was the real villain. Zant was only doing the dirty work for him. I Think It would have been cooler if Zant was the real villain..but in the grand scheme of things, he was only a puppet

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
well, that's what he gets for wearing that stupid elephant mask ( he also made elephant noises all the time, which was wierd ) , I actually thought he was an elephant.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
recently finished it , the ending dissapointed me a bit ( not giving any spoilers,) I liked the Ganondorf battle sure but everything after that was just not what I wanted.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
To answer the question.. Yes I liked the game at first (First two playthoughs). But then It gets boring.. for me at least

Well I'm still loving it and my next playthrough shall be my 8th.

This is one complaint that I just cannot stand. So many people blame Ganon for being what ruined Zant. That is not true at all. Nintendo is what ruined Zant. He still could have been an awesome villain and great boss fight if he'd been the effortless badass he'd been before. But, no, he became a lunatic. And who's fault is that? Nintendo's. Not Ganondorf's. Ganondorf has become a scapegoat for people's frustration of Zant being ruined by him being insane at the end of the game. I guarantee you Ganondorf wouldn't get as many complaints in TP if Zant hadn't been ruined by Nintendo.

This is so true. Hopefully an example of how Zant could have been shall be Ghirahim in the new game Skyward sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom