• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like the Imprisoned?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I thought he was pretty cool. He wasn't all "big, bad, badass" boss, but he also didn't need to be. Being an overworld boss, the fight was designed to use the environment more than strictly fighting. The spiral slope did this quite well, especially with the air geysers. There were also multiple ways of defeating him, making the stun phase style not nearly as boring as bosses like Fyrus or Tentalus (as a dungeon boss). His second fight could have been a lot better, but I really found his first and third fights to be pretty intense. Not necessarily one of the best bosses in the series, but he fit the situation he was set in quite well.

It was too repetitive and should not have happened. It was an immature mistake. That being said, the third phase of the imprisoned was actually very fun.

I dislike the imprisoned. I like demise but the imprisoned...hate it. Their reason for him being in that form first off didn't make since, and second wasn't a good adaptation of demise. The imprisoned to me was like a needless boss that only was useful for keeping the suspense going between quests which I found annoying.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Oh goodness... I haited every encounter. I hated him. I hated his attacks. I hated the music (It was cool, but so stressful). I hated everything about him. I hated how he started to fly in the third battle.
Although, for the story part, it was cool.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I rather like him. The big bad beastie scared the heck out of me the first time I fought him. He was very intimidating, and looked pretty scary, which was fitting. And, the atmosphere of the first fight was incredible. You didn't know what this thing was or what it would do once it got out of the pit; you just knew you had to stop it, and fast.

I'm actually surprised so many people hate him. He wasn't that bad. I mean sure, you have to fight him three times, but you also have to fight Ghirahim three times and I see a lot less people complain about that. The second and third fights were pretty decent, and the team work between Link and Groose was very good. I've always liked team work when it comes to boss fights. It's probably one of the reasons I like Spirit Tracks so much. But that's neither here nor there.

All in all, I really like the Imprisoned. The fights were decent, and the atmosphere was excellent. I personally don't think he's a bad boss, at all, really.

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
Hmm, let's see if I like him or not...

vc7mc.png

Nope.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'd have to agree. The first time I saw The Imprisioned, I thought he was interesting, and I enjoyed the battle. I hated having to battle him repeatedly though.

M

Meatball27

I thought the first two battles were annoying and frustrrating. However, I enjoyed the last battle. I think the ide behind the Imprisoned is great, but his design could be better.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
He was all right. Nintendo missed the opportunity to make him amazing, though. Remember the rumors of the imprisoned being Lord Jabu-Jabu? That would've been cool.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I thought the whole concept of the Imprisoned was really awesome. It’s a great story device and is one of the most difficult and impressive bosses in the franchise. I love the whole concept.

I enjoyed the Imprisoned, although by the third phase it did feel a tad repetitive. The second fight was the most tense for me, so I think it was my favorite. Somehow I think the last fight was a bit easier. Still, I rather liked the concept and overall I enjoyed the battles. He could have been a bit scarier, though...:P I thought he looked kinda cute and lame with his stumpy legs... but he was still exiting to fight, for me, and that matters more. :>

Like most people I just had a problem with the repetition. He was a cool idea, but going over and over with slight changes was unnecessary. I think Nintendo had us re-fight him to remind us of the greatest evil lurking in the shadows of the game, but I really didn't need a reminder :P

The overall concept of the battles against The Imprisoned was pretty unique - the gimmick of stopping him from escaping the Sealed Grounds was a good central basis for the battles - but it was poorly executed; what I mean by this is that, although preventing his attempt to relinquish himself from confinement was a cool idea, it wasn't fun to do so. Slashing at his toes was not my ideal method of taking him down.

Speaking of his toes, The Imprisoned's overall appearance was just horrid. I understand that a big brute like him will be made to look menacing, but Nintendo could have at least made him aesthetically appealing in some way. I don't think an obsidian-colored blob with pasty white pinky toes is anyone's first choice for a boss to look. Of course, his appearance shouldn't demerit the battle, but it certainly doesn't bolster one that is already bad.

I would have liked to see one (or perhaps even two, but not three) elaborate battle rather than three sloppy ones. I'm not quite sure how Nintendo could have gone about doing this, but they should have; perhaps they could have made use of more items than just Link's sword. Also, I would have liked for the playing field to be a bit more expansive. I liked the fact that the player battled The Imprisoned as he made his way up the hill, but I think the hill should have been wider; this would have created a less hectic experience, and allowed for more gameplay elements than were present in the battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom