• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like the Bug/treasure System?

Did you like the bug/treasure system?

• I like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay.

• I didn't like it.

• Total voters

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i liked being able to upgrade the equipment but it was all for it's own sake. none of the equipment NEEDED to be upgraded for any reason, there was nothing the Beetle couldn't reach without being upgraded, there were enough bombs to not need to upgrade thee bag, same with arrows and seeds and i didn't upgrade any of the shields. so, although it was a good idea, upgrading stuff was purely for it's own sake.

the potion side of things was good but i only used a health potion. used the shield repair potion a couple of times but the others never got touched. the enhanced health potion was well worth using but only if you have enough hearts to make the most of it.

Maffiline

nirorlei
I liked it. Especially to use bugs to upgrade potions, and the treasures to upgrade quantity bags and several of the weapons. I will tell you now that I need to have a second quiver fully upgraded because of how many arrows I use.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It was okay. I liked the treasure upgrade system, but I never bothered to get bugs because I never even use potions, so there's no need to get bugs.

I was obsessed with gathering as many treasures as possible in Wind Waker, even when I didn't need them anymore.
Bringing it back in SS, along with giving you a continued use for the bugs/treasure, was like a dream come true for me.
Guess I'm just a hoarder when it comes to Zelda :D

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I liked the treasure system a lot. Treasure was easy to find and worked well to make stuff better. It made just wandering and exploring more fun. Even though I wish there was more to upgrade like more range on the Gust Bellow and maybe some cool upgrades to the Whip to make it better.

The Bug system was good but I didn't use it as much as the treasure system. I have four reasons
1. It was hard to find Bugs
2. Hard to catch bugs
3. It was hard to tell what bug was what
4. Upgrading Potions was mostly un-important

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Yep, a lot. I like RPGs and SS had many RPG elements so it was more enjoyable for me.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Overall, I enjoyed the upgrading system since it added more depth to the game. Plus, it's always good to sell some bugs or treasure for extra Rupees.

Correction. There was no need for you to get bugs.
This. ^

I really liked the collection system overall - bugs and treasure. I felt it added an RPG element to Skyward Sword reminiscent of AoL. Here's hoping a similar system of collecting makes a return in future Zelda titles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The treasure/bug system, outside of the redundant notifications, is something that definitely needs to stay in LoZ forever more. It is just so great, and although I wish we had more diversity as far as what we can and cannot upgrade, I believe SS pulled it off rather well. Well, honestly I would axe the bugs almost as a whole and expand upon treasures. Put THOSE in treasure chests alongside Pieces of Heart, rupees and your standard refill. Put more kinds of treasures (iron ore, coal, golden feathers, etc.) and you have a great treasure system. The whole bug thing, I get how it is executed and it makes sense...but I felt something was a little off waving that bug net around.

Sage_Of_GaGa

13 and hopelessly in love
I liked it. The potion enhancing is what I didn't use a lot, but the upgrading, well, I <3ed that!!! I thought it was a good concept, but Nintendo didn't use it in the best way possible. I would <3 to see them do it again with Zelda WiiU!

tumblr_lmg9ekPegl1qc0jiao1_500.jpg

This new RPG element was certainly interesting but felt somewhat underused. If it returns, the upgrade system especially will need some work with expansions for all items and even customizing parts that you want as a player to boost stats. But, all in all, this was a refreshing change of pace for the series and true homage to series RPG roots in Zelda II.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I loved it because it was a way to get money relatively fast especially if you know where to find certain Bugs and have already upgraded all your equipment to the highest. I think Nintendo is doing a smart move with this and would like to see it return in every other that is going to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom