• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Did You Like Korok Hunting?

Did you Like The Korok Hunt?

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It's a simple question.

Did you like hunting for all of those Korok seeds? What about most? A few? NEVER? Did you get them all? Did you give up? Answer as many of these as you want.

Why did you answer the way you did?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I didn’t mind it. 900 of them is a pretty tall order, but I like exploring, so I just searched for them while I was exploring. I found 850 on my own before I used a guide to get the rest of them. I don’t need a big reward at the end to make me happy, if the process is fun enough, then that’s all I need. And in this case, it generally was.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
First time around I was so and so on it, especially with trying to get them all. I might change opinions once I do a playthrough where I get the Korok mask early. That's an item they really ought to have given us early in the game. I look forward to having it with me early on.

ray138

a Mid-West Monster of the Highest Grade
I never went hunting for them, but would do the puzzles n such when I saw em. Had 200 when I finished the game.
I like that they were everywhere. I can see how it would be frustrating for those wanting all of em, but, eh.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I never hunted for them. There is no need to hunt them. I encountered enough to upgrade everything to a comfortable level. No need to waste prescious time out of my life collecting hundreds of worthless seeds in a video game. Wish the creators had instead dedicated time into making a good and thoughtful story rather than adding all this filler garbage.

Last edited:
I enjoyed finding them most of the time.

I enjoyed them more post game since there's nothing left to do but hunt them out.
BotW's world is very pretty and i like just roaming arou d and existing within it and the Koroks are a little something to do while wandering around. Its kind of the same but not quite as enjoyable as sailing in Wind Waker. I love WW and i love to just sail around and haul up the treasure, Koroks are a little like that but some puzzles can be damn annoying.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I'd say around the 100 mark is where I probably would have encountered every kind of puzzle anyway. But I still did them every time I happened to find one, and now I'm at around 500. They were a lot more fun the first hundred times.

Quin

Disaster Master
At the moment I have done it twice, once normal, and once on master mode, and I love exploring the world in BOTW so much that I generally enjoyed doing it both. Sure there could have been a better reward but I was fine with it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Some puzzles could have been taken out and leave it out. *coughthelurelinrockslammingthingtogetastupidkorok*
In general I don't mind. It's not my fav thing to do. But it does help you to explore things and go to places you've never been before. Or to dig up some treasure. They could have brought the amount down to 400 instead of 900. And of course we could have gotten a better reward.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Now that I've gotten started with my Switch runthrough and made sure to pick up the Korok mask early, I'm enjoying hunting down Koroks as I explore :) I tried doing this before the Korok Mask was a thing and I got so tired of climbing every tree, picking up every rock, etc. But now that I can eliminate the areas where there are no Koroks nearby I am actually enjoying solving each little mystery, and I actually try out things I would have never thought to do before.

I still think this mask or its effect should have been something we got in the regular game, but it did manage to turn it around for me from something I kept giving up on to something I'm finding enjoyable :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't care, really. I don't actively hunt for them, I just do the puzzles as I encounter them and I've found over 100 so far that way. I'm already almost at the point at which I'm content with the amount of inventory space I have, so I have no need to spend the time to go out and look for all 900 of them. If I get half of them, I'll be fine, or even less than that.

MW7

It was fine. I still haven't found all of them. It seems very daunting to complete. I feel like I've been everywhere and only find about half or less of them. Getting all the golden skulltulas in OoT or all the poe's souls in TP is second nature to me, but Koroks are just way harder for me because it's such a massive game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom