• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like AOL?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I really like AoL. I haven't managed to beat it, but I like it for three things: it's story, it's difficulty, and it's music. It's story is really good if you ask me, the difficulty makes me respect it as well as give me a good goal to work towards, and it's music as with other Zelda games, is awesome.

Austin

Austin
I just hate losing XP. I know the game is worth it, but I just can't help but feel impossibly discouraged after getting 50 XP away from the next level, than suddenly dying and having to start all over.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
It is a very fun game, I'll give it that.
It just takes some time getting used to the mechanics but when they are down, it is very rewarding to play!!!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Been playing it for years, still can't beat it, hate it. It's a side scroller and a leveling up game. Not exactly Zelda-ish. The clues to the game are extremley vague so figuring out what to do is difficult, especially for someone like me who hates using guides. It's the only game that tells you that Link is the hero, that should tell you right there that it would be on a different entertainment level.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've beaten the game, but I really didn't like it. The translation errors really ruined the experience for me, because the game was too story-oriented, and the story it was centered around was poorly told.

It's also possible that I associated bad connotations with the game before I ever played it, because my first ISP was AOL, and I truly hated their service. So I might unconsciously be associating AoL with AOL, if you know what I mean.

By the way... if you're asking whether I like AOL the ISP, the answer is still no. :) They required software that gunked up my computer, and had a really irritating auto-disconnect feature that would close all my browser windows if I was in the middle of reading a long document. It was completely unsuitable for downloads, even by 56k standards.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I actually loved AoL. It's my 6th favorite Zelda game. And that's highly. I love them until you get to my 11th. That's the one I HATE!!!!! So I loved AoL. I thought the leveling up worked great. Not that I'd like to see it in another canon Zelda game. Maybe a little spin-off like a cd-I game or something.

Adventure of Link is one of my favorite Zelda games. I have very few complaints about it. I wish there were checkpoints in it. But thats about it. Other than that I love everything about it.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I would say Adventure of Link is different then most of the other games, But I never really liked it because I only made to a town then I got confused.

I just didn't like it because of it's difficulty level. I wanna enjoy playing video games, not have a stroke and constantly throw the controller! I also thought it was dry. It lacked emotion. The characters kinda sucked. Ur only friend was the old guy that gave you magic. The original LoZ lacked emotion too tho, but i guess i let that slide because it was the first installment. ALttP was really the first game that displayed the amount of story line and character design that u have come to love about the Zelda series. I'm not really a fan of the power up points system either. it kinda reminds me of final fantasy, and thats not a good thing. To sum it up, AoL is still an awesome game when compared to other original nintendo games, when when compared to zelda games it just falls short.

C

Carben

AOL was basically the black sheep of the Zelda pack. I had to admit some areas of the game such as Death Mountain did make me quite mad, but it had its positive sides also! The upgrade system made me want to continue to fight off monsters, the new spells every town wanted me to struggle across plains.

The difficulty did add a new twist as well. In my opinion Nintendo thought the first game was easy and so they amped up the difficulty? Who knows, we could all speculate!

O

OceanaOfTime

Okay, honestly. The first time i played it i really did not like it in the least. Probably because of how different it was than all of the others, plus i got stuck almost right off the bat. I didn't really look at any of the good features. After i got more used to the game play, however, i began to accept it. My acceptance eventually grew into like, and my like has been growing stronger over the years. It is definitely not my favorite game, but a great game nonetheless.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I've beaten AoL, but I don't particularly love it. I'm just not a fan of leveling systems. Upgrades, sure, but not when I have to level. I've never liked leveling though.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I honestly think, other than that crappy Cdi crap, that it was the worst Zelda game ever made. :( Graphics may be okay, but a Zelda sidescroller? Really?

The Castellan

Going bump in the night.
I liked parts of it.

Until I got to Death Mountain.

I think I murdered someone that night.

~Is seen in a graveyard, digging~ I knew you looked familiar. :)
I myself loved the game...loved both of the first games, good story and pretty epic, I think. I just wonder which Zelda this princess is?

F

FunkyLinkFoShow

I justs beat this game like four days ago, and I liked it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom