• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you have a favorite anniversary?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Lots of long running franchises have celebrated their anniversaries throughout the years. Heck, we're in Mario's 35th right now w/ Zelda's 35th coming up. Looking back though, which series did you think went all out for their anniversary? Or rather, which one did you like the most?

kirby-20th_anniversary.jpg
metal-gear-25th.png

10443-marrywoeob.jpg
mzm.dlyxnlpa.png

These are just visual examples by the way, you don't have to pick out of these.

Quin

Disaster Master
Zelda 25th anniversary. I liked the remake of Four Swords, went to the symphony in london, got a big poster of my favorite Zelda art, it just felt special. no other compares for me. Although I love the MH 10th anniversay CD and art a lot too

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
For me the Zelda 25th Anniversary was also the most special for me. The main stick-outs being seeing the Symphony Concert twice in Sydney and just the feelings of hype I had around Skyward Sword coming out at the time.

Kirby's would have been good for me if they'd even bothered to release his anniversary game in my ****ing country! Kick ass celebration there, Nintendo, thanks a bunch!

But no, I don't have a favourite anniversary. Tales is currently celebrating its 25th, we've already seen the release of Crestoria, which I really enjoyed and hopefully we'll see Tales of Arise release too.

If Arise releases this year and it's decent then Tales 25th will be my answer.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
It's surprisingly hard to find a list of games made specifically to celebrate anniversaries umu

The main ones that pop into my head are Sonic Generations (20th) and Sonic Mania (25th); and the officialization of Street Fighter X Mega Man (25th for both franchises). I love how they seem to have some passion behind their development rather than being just games that would've been released anyway being hyped due to an anniversary, the last two (Mania and SFxMM) had involvement of fans in the production, so maybe that was it.

Game collections compiling the franchises titles' like Megaman and Castlevania are always appreciated. Although they often seem to have issues due to the porting, so not sure how much effort they even try to put into those. Mario 3D All Stars seems to have done a good job at that though.

On the other hand can I hate Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & Blade of Light (30th) a bit here? Gj finally localizing it Nintendo, but making it a limited edition? Really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom