• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you find Zelda games hard when you were a child?

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
OOT was released when I was 7, and it was the first game I played on my own. I had been watching my brother play the previous games, but that was the first one I was interested in trying myself. At age 7, it was pretty tough. I mostly rode around on Epona and explored the different areas without making much progress. My brother then taught me how to play and I progressed through the game with his help. When MM was released, it was incredibly hard. I still find it to be tough even to this day.. I didn’t become a very good player until I was a bit older, beating those two games on my own as well as WW, MC, and TP.

I was one of the young and lucky old school NES gamers born in the 70's but grew up in the 80's. I got the NES Deluxe Bundle with R.O.B. the robot and Gyromite along with The Legend of Zelda when it first came out and immediately was drawn to the GOLD Zelda cartridge while my R.O.B. and Gyromite game just sat in my shelf collecting dust! lol. I remember play The Legend of Zelda for hours and hours each and everyday. Of course there was no internet back then, so the only tips and help I could get was in school talking with my friends and trading ideas on how they got to this dungeon, how they got this item etc.... All of that was helpful information to me back then until I became a member and received my Nintendo Fun Club Magazine with The Legend of Zelda on the front cover which had all the details of the dungeons and items and how to get all of them. Afterwards, a while later I finally beat The Legend of Zelda and as soon as Zelda 2:The Adventure of Link came out I sure enough got it that day. I have been hooked on Zelda ever since!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yup had major hell with playing my first zelda game (OOT) it wasn't helped by my older brother constantly mucking around the controller or overwriting saves, but hey i was a kid so i didn't know better. Honestly some parts of zelda games i still find hard and other games i find too difficult to really get into playing (ALBW baseball minigame and zelda 1/2)

These days bar a few games i can breeze through the series ridiculously fast, but those few games maaan do they just hate me, and of course its the games with timing puzzles bloody OOX games. maybe one day i'll be able to finish them smoothly without having to stop start

Hell yes. I was 4 years old when I first played Ocarina of Time. It took me ages to get through the opening couple of hours of the game. I finally gave up on it inside Jabu-Jabu's belly. My grandfather helped me get through that part and then I remember just losing interest in the game shortly after the seven year time jump. I don't think I knew what to do. I finally went back to the game the year Wind Waker came out and managed to complete it (getting through the Water Temple must have been a fluke). But then I had trouble with Wind Waker too, haha. I'll always remember because it frustrated me to no end. It was the part in the Tower of the Gods, where Link has to use the Deku Leaf to glide over the laser beams to get to one of the statues... But I just couldn't figure it out. I thought you had to put something on the little glowing spot but couldn't find anything. Lol. I was stuck in that one spot for months. Can't believe it now. I'm sure others figured out what to do much quicker.

Did you find Zelda games hard when you were a child?
Yes. As everyone knows here, the first Zelda game I owned was Zelda 2 AOL. I have to say as a little child, under the age of 5, trying to beat the Iron Knuckles was really tough. I simply did not have the manual dexterity required. I could not get my brain to make my hands press the right buttons as the right time. Just too young.
A few years later though I walked all over the game and beat it easily. Mind you I did exploit the Shadow Link AI. I can't beat it legit if I really try but it's just not that fun to do so, so I just exploit it.

After this I did play Zelda 1. The first quest there was not too hard, apart from the rooms full of Darknuts. Those were hard. Second Quest though was quite a lot harder but I managedto beat it.

Later on I played Links Awakening, ALTTP and Ocarina of Time. I was not a little child then and those games all were very easy for me. Well apart from that damn horseback archery. I have nailed it but never easy. Majora's Mask was mostly easy though many of the mini games to earn all those heart pieces were very hard. Easy game to beat, harder game to 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom