• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Did You Figure Out the Old Lady's Identity Before the End of the Game?

Did you figure out the old lady is Impa before the end of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, I was surprised with how many people didn't know that the old lady was Impa until the end. I figured it out right after I came back the first time from the Time Gate when Zelda revealed herself to be Hylia. I was so shocked when I reached that realization, and immediately went into first person view to get a closer look at the old lady's braided hair and tear thing. I was so excited when I made that discovery, but then, they didn't make any big revelation at the time, so I thought maybe I was wrong. Or even perhaps this was Impa's descendent.

I'm curious to see how many people figured out that Impa was the old lady before the end of the game?

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I had either thought that the old lady was Impa when I saw the young Impa or a descendant of her but what gave it away was the cutscene showing her wearing Zelda's armband from the past.

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
I had no idea. After Zelda gave young Impa the bracelet, and then old Impa had it on, I was flabbergasted. I literally gasped and was extremely upset when she 'disappeared'. I noticed her hair too when I got back, but I had no idea it was her at the beginning.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
The weird think is that I noticed she was a sheikah because of the paint on her eye and on the back of her red cloak there is a sheikah eye symbol, but I didn't realize that the old lady was Impa.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I had figured it out after going through the Gate of Time for the first time. I had already suspected that the old woman was a Sheikah from the Lens of Truth symbols on her, but once I saw Impa in the Temple of Hylia I had connected the dots.

I simply used deductive reasoning and found a connection between she and "the old woman" of series' past. An "old woman" has appeared in several games in the Zelda series. If I recall correctly it was revealed in one game that the "old woman" in said game was none other than [another incarnation of] Impa. I figured a similar case would occur in Skyward Sword, which turned out to be true. Aside from that, I also compared the similarities in appearance - with regards to Sheikah eye, etc.

It appears that the differences in young/old Impa's designs - tall and stout, respectively - was an attempt at trying to not only hide the fact the two characters are one and the same, but also an attempt at surprising the heck out of us. It seems to have worked for many fans, seeing as how many threads popped up of fans saying "OMG Impa Is The Old Woman!!!". This was not the case for me; I knew all along. :right: I'm so good at predicting stuff like this in yet-released video games, that it's scary.

OHAI

Jiyeon's Zombie
Spluh. It wasn't hard.

Also, LOL at Fi's description "This individual is extremely aged."

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
During all the news before Skyward Sword's release I suspected the Old Lady was Impa in the future. Nintendo has stated sometime in 2010 that SS would feature time-travel. I had to idea how this would come about until playing the game and reading the purpose of the Time Gate. However, even prior to that, upon my first visit to the Sealed Temple I knew the Old Lady's identity by the way she worded her sentences. It matched exactly what I had already become familiar with in Impa's role (again, prerelease news), and through them I was able to discern the comparisons.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
After you talked to Zelda when opening the Gate of Time, I went back to the present and noticed that Grannie and Impa had the same hair thing. They were both Sealed Temple Guardians too. So I pretty much figured it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom