• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Ever Think You Would Turn Out Like You Currently Are?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know for a fact, that when I was young, I had a picture of what I'd be like when I was older. I was a bit fo a dreamer, so I imagined myself as a footballer, a golfer, a wrestler, a boxer, a famous rapper, the list goes on...

Of course job/career aspirations aren't the only things we imagine our future selves to be, I remember thinking how I would look, what height I'd be, what my personality would be like etc. So, whatever age you are, did you think you would actually turn out like this in hindsight?

Last edited:

masterSword2

Smile!
I certainly didn't, in multiple ways. First of all in sports. For the longest time I hated running, and was terrible at it. (Long distances at least. I was always a fairly quick sprinter.) In 7th grade however, I made the decision to join track. I'm now a freshman in cross country, and I'm doing quite well and loving every minute of it. I plan on continuing to run through out high school, and if everything goes well, during college.

The second major way I changed was turning away from Christianity. I live in a very Christian home, and for the majority of my life I'd been a pretty devout Christian. The change was certainly unexpected, as I'd obviously never planed on it. Enough about religion though. That's what the MD is for.:P

Lastly the most unexpected change in my life was my personality. Up through 4th grade or so, it seems that I had a very caring, outgoing personality. Somewhere during the time between 5th and 6th grade it seems I went through a rather large personality shift. I became very reserved, and to be honest, a bit uncaring. Its interesting that things never really turn out the way we plan. I'm only 14, so I still have a lot of unexpected twists before me. After all, the only constant is change.

I think my answer is best saved for fifteen or so years from now. I have goals for what I want my life to be like by then, but I never really gave my future much thought when I was younger so I don't have anything to compare myself to.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can definitely say with absolute certainty that I could NOT have envisioned myself the way I am. I was shaped through all the experiences I went through, all the discoveries about myself. I don't think my younger self would even recognize herself in me, lol.

bunny

birb overlord
Definitely not. When I was younger I always thought by time I was 16 I'd be super smart and would have it all figured out. Here I am, still making the same stupid mistakes. I've also become interested in a lot of things I wanted nothing to do with when I was little like scary movies and games like Assassin's Creed. Also, I wouldn't have thought that I would still enjoy video games as much as I do, and still have stuffed animals. I wasn't really much of a drawer when I was younger, nor did I ever think I would be. Yeah, I enjoyed drawing stuff every now and then, but it didn't mean as much to me as it does now.

Basically I thought I would have been smarter and cooler, and I didn't think I would have some of the interests I have now.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Lol! I don't know...? I mean I guess I never really thought about it that much. When planning for the future, I never really planned for my years ages whatever-17 as being the future. I've always planned for 18 onward. So I never really thought about how I would be at the age of 16. So maybe? I don't know. I guess I can't really think I've turned out much differently then I expected but yeah... lol

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Nope, because honestly, I thought I would be dead by the time I was 16 when I was younger. Even when I was 8 or 9, I didn't see myself having a future and I was terrified that nothing good would happen in my future. I thought the best road to go down was the easy way out, which was death. I am still stressing about my future, but now I have a reason to keep going. I never thought I'd have hope when I was younger. #2deep

I also planned on owning having a dog around this time. I know, I used to like dogs. Shocking, right? I think my opinions on dogs changed when I lost a cat and almost lost another one because of a dog. When we were living with my grandma, we had to keep our cats on my aunt's farm because my grandma hates cats. My cats were in the back with all the horses, chickens, and all those other farm animals. The dogs were separate in their own little area. One day, one of the dogs jumped over the fence an ripped open one of my cats and almost got the other one. Now I hate dogs. Another reason I don't like dog is they like to poop on my stuff...

When I was younger, I thought I would be very religious when I was older. My family is very religious. I grew up being accustomed to the Christian beliefs and traditions, but now I don't know what I believe. I am just starting to believe religion is just made up, but there are some things about atheism I don't believe in. I just wish I knew which, if any, religion is right, but that's the thing about our world. We will never know some of the mysteries. I envy people who are religious, but I can't get myself to believe.

Those are really the main things that have changed a lot over the past few years. My personality has also changed when I matured, but that's because I never knew who I really was in the past.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A jobless bum who does nothing all day? Yeah I saw myself this way; I was always absent-minded as a kid and really couldn't be bothered to think about the future. So it was hazy, then I decided that I would be lazy. Crazy, I know, but sometimes we make choices like going to the Navy. ;p

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Absolutely not. I thought I'd be a overachiever that was in the student government, a cheerleader, a flute player, and a gymnast, just like my mother was. I thought I'd get a scholarship for "a million-billion dollars" and have a puppy. I also thought I'd have the same friends I had 12 years ago, the whole world was a musical, and that I'd become a vet.

Obviously, that didn't turn out, but there are things I made up for. Instead of just being a flute player, I play multiple instruments was in my high school marching band. I stopped doing gymnastics in 9th grade (a bad snow storm collapsed the roof of the building) but I'm a better gamer & would have never met my RL friends. Heck, I wouldn't be writing this post and met everyone at ZD, or listen to Z-talk or anything! Even though I'm not what I thought I'd be, I'm still happy with who I am.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
To put it bluntly...hell no. I was a bloody demon child who crawled along the floors, terrorized other children, bit people, constantly got in trouble, was hyper enough to power a small village, and overall was just an outcast whose only known purpose for the most part was to make the lives of others hell. Yeah, long story short I was a terrible kid, sure I was cute and respected my elders and all that stuff but I really gave a lot of people a hard time.

Me today though? Well, all the insanity from my childhood eventually just morphed into a second mindset which I exhibit whenever I want to, and now I have become a rather calm and serious individual who has been mistaken for somebody much older a few times now based on behaviour alone. Since I grew up as an outcast I eventually grew an accustom to solitude, and also developed a hatred towards most people alongside slight trust issues, however at the same time I had taken on a method of "judgement based upon action" which is what would determine my view on the various individuals who dwell in this world of ours.

Yes, well, as it turns out there aren't as many decent people as one would like but that's reality for you. My emotions have long since been sealed away to a degree, if somebody such as a friend or a friend of a friend even is around I will let them out though just for the sake of not giving these people the cold shoulder, other people who I'm not as familiar with however will more likely than not receive rather negative or neutral treatment depending on what my impressions of them are. I also go around helping my various friends whenever they may need it, because being alone so much in my earlier years really helped me grasp onto the concept of what it means to be a friend, and with that all said I went from being a horrible kid to being an often serious yet respectful young man.

I changed quite a bit over the years, and in a somewhat positive way surprisingly enough, one of Pain's quotes really sums up how things worked for me in my opinion.

[ilquote=Pain]Even a foolish child can grow up in a right way when he learns what pain is. Knowing pain controls one's thoughts and decisions.[/ilquote]

As for where I am overall to this day, I never really had a specific goal or pathway set before me, so I can't say I didn't expect to be where I am currently in life. I just drift, do whatever seems right and go with it, see where the tides of life bring me.

Yeah, I am pretty much that same guy that I'd envisioned I would become, save for a few minor discrepancies, which is quite sad...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
No. I have changed so much even over the past couple of years that I couldn't be much further from where I thought I'd be.

Mostly, when I was little, I wanted to be an actress. It feels weird even thinking about this, but that was my dream up until I was like 14. Not for the fame, but for the craft in itself. My brother was a child actor, and I guess I channeled that, but I loved drama, and films, and I loved putting myself into a characters shoes and making them into a real person. I guessed I would do that somehow, but then it just got away from me. Now I would never want to act in a million years, it's funny how things change. I thought I'd be super mature for my age by now, thought I'd have a serious boyfriend, thought I'd be sorted. Hah, none of that is true. I don't mind though. 19 really isn't old, is it? Not old enough for me to worry about not getting anywhere. I am getting somewhere... wherever it is.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i'd like to say i started becoming the person i am today at the age of 12,i guess i say that mainly b/c that was when my voice changed
but looking back in my life....unfortunately,i haven't changed a whole lot

oh but i did get skinnier,so that's a positive

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
No. When I was younger, I thought I was going to be a graceful dancer, someone who's tougher and smarter because I got lots of good grades when I was in kindergarten and I was great and dancing, too. I was kinda bullied a lot, too so at that time I thought I would be as tough as bullies but I didn't know that I would be a very soft and nice person like now. I kept repeating my mistakes a lot and I can't dance anymore because I got lazy. I didn't knew that I would turn up as someone innovative and creative like how I was in kindergarten, even though my teachers said that I had nice drawings and unique ideas... so yeah.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Yes. When I was a chillun I just new I would be a bisexual, crossdressing, gaming, straight-A student with a brain disease. I am the Seer of the Future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom