• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Ever Pick the Potion Instead of the Heart in LOZ?

In LOZ, Did you ever picked the potion instead of the heart?

• Yes, I have once done that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never did that

• Yes, I always do that

• Yes, I did that sometimes

• Total voters

Zarom

The King
There is something that boggles me from a long time now. Here it is:

In LOZ, you sometimes come to an area where there is an old man and he says something like: ''Choose any one you want''. And there is actually a magic potion :bottle: (the red one) on the left and a heart container <3 on the right. :O

So my question is: Have you ever picked the potion :bottle: instead of the heart container <3? :hmm:

Did you EVER did that? :huh:
I also want to know your toughts you had about it first time you saw it.

As for me, well no, I've always picked the heart container. <3

Please, let me know. :D

Nope. I could barely beat that game with how many heart containers I was given, I needed each and every one I could find to get through it.

Nope I always got the Magic Sword right after the 4th dungeon. And having all the quest heart containers will enable you to do this.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I almost did first time. The reason was that I wasn't sure if it was a heart container or just a recovery heart. Luckily I chose the heart container anyway as at the time I had 4 hearts and I though a potion would therefore be kind of useless as you got 3 when you died. So, I too picked the heart container every time.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I can honestly say I think I chose the potion once on my first ever playthrough back when the game was released on the original NES. I was like angelkid and believed the heart was a recovery heart, and I thought why take one recovery heart when I could have the red potion and recover many hearts?

I think I put two and two together though after going to a cave / shop that had a recovery heart for sale, and then it clicked with me that I passed up a container. Oops. Oh well, I was about 7 years old at the time.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Having not played through the game in its entirety in years, and having played only a little bit of it recently...

I don't recall ever picking the potion. I always figured that heart containers were always the wisest way to go. Under me, Link chose a wise path and gained much life/strength.

I seem to recall also those tough guys who'd trap you and say "Your money or your life!" I always handed over my rupee-wallet to keep my heart-gauge from being reduced, even if I was saving up for someting.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I did pick the bottle a couple of times (at least once by mistake) when I was a young kid, I guess I wasn´t too bright :lol:

I still do it from time to time, it´s quite fun and I don´t need all the heartcontainers anyway, one must have fun sometimes, doesn´t one?

Zarom

The King
I seem to recall also those tough guys who'd trap you and say "Your money or your life!" I always handed over my rupee-wallet to keep my heart-gauge from being reduced, even if I was saving up for someting.

Yeah, me too, I always chose the rupees over losing a heart, but that is only in quest #2. :)

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I don't exactly remember... but I can't imagine that I didn't pick up the potion before... Just out of pure curiosity maybe. There really is absolutely no reason to get the potion over a heart container. It really seems like some sort of scam to trick players that don't know the difference.

I've got it memorized so I get all the heart containers as soon as I can, including three of them before even heading to the first dungeon. Makes the game a whole lot easier for me.

No, I have never done this, I knew that it was a Heart Container because it looked much bigger than the normal hearts you can collect from enemies, Also I only really started playing this game over the past year (seeing as I got to about the 3rd and then somehow deleted my file :kawaii: then stopped playing for about half a year).

So wasn't young enough to make the mistake and have always picked up the heart containers and not the potions.

F

flare64

I always picked the heart....but once i picked the potion to see if anything would happen but nothing happened so i turned of the game with out saving....

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Like flare64, I did it once just to see if anything was special about it.

Well, normally I pick the Heart Container just so I can get sword upgrades and because it's far easier with more life, but I don't pick up the heart container every time.

When playing 3 Heart Challenges (to realize how much I suck) I pick up potions just in case, and because it's much harder to get rupees with so little strength and health. So, the Red Potion is helpful in that case, and isn't cheating me out of the challenge.

But, whenever playing through for fun or for a walkthrough, yeah, I pick up the heart container no matter what ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom