• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you ever name ...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
......your pet, child, pc, car or whatever after a fictional character (games, books, shows, movies etc) or a real person?
I named my cat after Yuga, the villain in ALBW. My cat is red/white and Yuga popped in my head. I think this was mainly because I levelled Yuga up in HW switch and so he was the first name that popped in my head when I got my fur baby. I haven't named anything else besides my cat. If I were to have a next pet I would call it either Link or Midna. So what is your story?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My Pokemon tend to have nerdy names with references I have a Cinderace named Bugs after Bugs Bunny. When Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 came out I was just getting into Doctor Who so a lot of my mons had names from that.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Sometimes, yeah. I've named my BotW horses after other game characters before, for example. I've also named sone avatar characters I used after Trails characters and designed them to look like them as best as possible.

I'm admittedly bad at naming things, and it's definitely been a bit on my mind that when I get a new computer and phone, I'm gonna have to think of something witty to name them. My current computer, which I got in 2013, I ended up naming PINO after one of the Android characters from Ergo Proxy, since I had just watched that for the first time shortly before I got the computer. It was just gonna be a temporary name until I could think of something better, but I never did.

My phone's named excalibur, but idk if that counts.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
we had a rabbit a few years back that I named Gerald, b/c for whatever reason I was thinking about Gerald from Hey Arnold
couldn't think of a name for the cat we had, so her unofficial name was Karen

huh, out of all the pets we had, those were the only ones I ever named

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My childhood dog was named Rock because of The Rock and we named my brother's dog Bane after the Batman villain, but as a joke because he's a measly chihuahua.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom