• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Ever Draw a Map?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Do you ever remember wandering around in the original LOZ without a guide and a clue with what you were doing? So as an alternative, you would draw yourself a map of the world so you wouldn't get lost.

I remember trying that once when I was a kid, but I gave up quickly due to not being able to understand my own map.

B

Bongo_Bongo

Heh, I felt like that with PH. I made so many marks to remind myself of important things, that my map was completely black. Doodling is apparently a good way to relieve stress on a trip like PH Link made...

I remember only doing this for the last temple of the game, Death Mountain. I got lost really easily in this dungeon. I also remember doing this for AOL. I got through the first temple fine, but after that, I needed to draw maps so I knew were I had to still go, and were I've been before.

O

OmarScofield

Always tried to do my own maps in my head but could not get to it lol

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
This is one of my fondest memories...

My sister's boyfriend (now brother in law) and I would play LoZ together. Sometimes I'd play, but when video gaming got serious, I'd watch him play because he was good at games. After getting flummoxed on things such as the location of Dungeon 7 and just wanting to make note of where things were, Jeff got out this big piece of flat cardboard and ball-point pens. Determindly, he went screen by screen in the game and mapped it out on the cardboard. We used the cardboard map as a reference and I kept it for a number of years.

Then I think I had to clear out some stuff in my bedroom for some reason, it had gotten water damaged or some such, and I wound up throwing it away. I regret throwing that map away.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I used guide. Never completed the original though
-_-

I hate guides. They take all the fun out of the games.

When I get stuck, I definitely don't just sit there and say, "Well, I guess I'll have to go look this one up..."

If I get stuck, I remind myself of a phrase from AoL: "IF ALL ELSE FAILS USE FIRE."

And if that doesn't help, I think of this phrase: "YOU MUST SAVE HYRULE!"

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
To be honest, I also used a guide whenever I was totally stuck in the original LoZ. Especially to find that one dungeon for which you had to burn a random bush (How many bushes are there on the whole world map? 1000? Didn't feel like burning them all, probably this would've taken several days)
Ironically I actually drew myself a map for TP. It was that one cave with the ice puzzles which led to a heart piece. I drew a map with the end position of the blocks (all switches activated) and then "backtracked" to the start position, in the end it made things very easy!

Epona

Ordon Village
Yes, when I was a kid I used to do that alot, especially with Level 9 in the first quest, and most of the second quest labyrinths.

Epona

Ordon Village
Yep, I drew maps for the original and for the Adventure of Link dungeons, especially the ones towards the end of the game.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I definitely had a map of the overworld indicating secret spots, and I might have had a level nine map.
But those are now long gone. I might make a new set soon, though.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I actually have never drawn out a map for Legend of Zelda. Sure, I've done quite a bit of wandering around in the massive overworld, but never have I drawn out a map. When it came to getting maps, I typically came here when I needed a bit of direction.

Trust me, 'tis a lot easier to come over here to the magical land of Zelda Dungeon than spend hours on your own...especially if you have trouble trying to find where you get your sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom