• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Ever Cry After a Sad Cutscene in a Video Game?

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I did cry in the final scene in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the Game Boy Advance. You know, when he fades away and all. Same thing with FFX. No doubt I have some issues with people fading away from existence.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Oh yes.

Biggest examples would for me would be both seasons of The Walking Dead by Telltale, especially the first season's ending, but my ending of season 2 also got me going (crying). Anyone who says they didn't cry at the ending of TWD is a liar and a coward! I still get sad even thinking back to it, I remember finishing it and going into the sitting room to get a cuddle. Was an amazing game and one of the most emotional experiences I've had from any game, movie, or TV show.

Honorable mention would also go to Crisis Core. Even though I knew what was going to happen, considering it was a prequel, oh it still got me. It got me good. :(

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The only sad scenes in video games are the credits in The Legend of Zelda games. I have gotten teary-eyed a few times, BUT THEY'RE MANLY TEARS!

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Awww poor Ben, don't worry I'll go call Miss Poe to cheer you up ;)

---

Seriously though, no. I've been moved before, just never really cried. Closest was probably Heavy Rain, that game just really hit home in some scenes.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Walking Dead...if you didn't cry after that, you are a sadistic communist who drowns orphans in the blood of puppies. I sometimes still have to fight off tears thinking about it. I'm not afraid to admit I bawled like a baby. That is the saddest ending of all time.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I haven't played most of those games, and frankly I am now very scared to, but the only game I truly shed tears for was the ending of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. When the entirety of the world's inhabitants all came together and started rooting for Mario... It just hit me, OK?

Then of course I died before I could beat the final boss, and the emotional impact of the ending was ruined by me having to repeat the cutscene.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
The Zeldas usually get to me. I don't cry, but they make me feel sad at the end for some reason. Especially LA and LTTP...

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
I think i did in TP cuz it was the first game i ever played all the way through i think, so i got really emotionally connected.

Also in FFIX cuz it's very hard not to get incredibly emotionally connected to those games, and that's the only FF game i've played all the way through. I even cried tears of joy at that one i was so into it.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I haven't played most of those games, and frankly I am now very scared to, but the only game I truly shed tears for was the ending of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. When the entirety of the world's inhabitants all came together and started rooting for Mario... It just hit me, OK?

Then of course I died before I could beat the final boss, and the emotional impact of the ending was ruined by me having to repeat the cutscene.

Haha the exact thing happened to me XD> That was such an epic cutscene, I almost cried too!

However, the most tear-jerking cutscene(s) that I've ever seen in gaming is from Final Fantasy X. The ending was just unbearably impossible to not cry over, and throughout your journey they give you plenty of other opportunities to cry your eyes out too. Such a great adventure :).

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm an empty shell of a human being. I've never been brought to tears by a video game or movie, and yes, I've played the walking dead.

Beeker

Wild Card
I usually only tear up instead of flat out bawl, but a few games have done this.

This is one, and Okami is the exact same way as well for me, during the final boss fight. Ammy goes through something similar and the combo of the beautiful music and the world's inhabitants being all like 'We believe in you!' always makes me tear up. I think that type of ending is my weakness. xD
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon got me too, in Red Rescue Team, but it was when the MC/partner were ran out of as fugitives, and their friends greeted them before they left. I dunno, them seeing me off and promising to meet me again must've struck a heartstring or something as a kid!
Fire Emblem Awakening's chapters 9 and 10 left me sad and teary. In 9 There's a decision you have to make, I was so shocked that I let my ds sit for a half hour so I could think on it(I later found it didn't even matter lol). The chapter after as a whole was so sad and depressing that I wanted to cry to it. ;-;

Salem

SICK
So the walking dead make some of you cry? I'm gonna play it just to show you how I WON'T cry.:P

Anyway, I never cried because when I watched cutscenes in video games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom