• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Ever Cry After a Sad Cutscene in a Video Game?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I wont lie, i started to tear up when Master Chief lost Cortana at the end of Halo 4. Maybe its cuz i have spent over 10 years playing the game with her as my companion through countless trial. but yeah, an odd game choice for this thread, but it happened.

I dont get too emotional, but i did kinda loose it at the end of the first Fullmetal Alchemist series when Ed and Al were separated. Ed Sacrificing life as he knew it and his powers to bring his brother back to life in his own body, leaving him stranded in another world(our world).... ahh!! Such love!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
All I have to say is Shinjiro.
A generic redemption death but it moved me to tears especially the seens afterwords.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I've gotten teary eyed after some scenes in MOTHER 3... but I don't think I've ever flat-out cried. But, MOTHER 3 I guess. Even though I don't know if you can consider those "cutscenes"...

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
Back when Twilight Princess was new, I got teary watching one of the Kakariko cutscenes with Link and the kids. I was really tired from spending ten hours queuing for a Wii + the game, that's my excuse

Twilight princess, the ending.(don't judge me I was young) I also cried after one of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ones.

I nearly cried at a couple of things in the Gears of War series. In the second game, when Ben Carmine dies was one of these sad moments. He was just such a happy character, and his painful stomach acid death hit me hard. The other Gears scene that made me sad was Dom's death in GoW3. When Mad World starts playing as he's driving towards his doom, I kinda teared up a little.

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
Persona 3
The scene after Shinji's death. Akihiko standing at the wake having that monologue. ****, that was a touching scene. Liam O'Brien nailed it. A lot of emotion in that scene, and he brought it out exceptionally well. It was impressive.
I never expected that game to actually make me tear up, but it totall did.

Also, the ending. Because.. yeah.

octorok74

TETTAC
Yeah I've cried. The end of Twilight Princess got to me. The endings to both Halo 4 and Bioshock Infinite got to me also. I'm more of a sensitive guy though. It's sucks sometimes being me. But I like it when a game is able to get me to feel emotions.

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
Yeah I've cried. The end of Twilight Princess got to me. The endings to both Halo 4 and Bioshock Infinite got to me also. I'm more of a sensitive guy though. It's sucks sometimes being me. But I like it when a game is able to get me to feel emotions.

Oh, I forgot about those. Bioshock and Halo definitely got me.
But I have to admit, just listening to the Halo (any of them) OST makes me tear up from time to time, so... yeah. Lol.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I've... actually never cried at a video game. I came very, very close when hearing about Romani and Cremia's tale for the first time, but I encountered that in a video, not from the game itself. It's kind of funny, actually, because I cry during pretty much every movie, even when it's not that sad, but video games... just don't reach me in quite the same way, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom