• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you ever changed your mind about a browser?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Joined
Jan 31, 2010
Location
Yahtzee, Supernatural
Gender
Angel of Darkness
Yeah a Browser. Not a pc or phone but a Browser. Did you ever liked a browser and swore you would never change it but later did? Or did you ever swore to not use a Browser but later did?
 

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
ZD Legend
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Location
Alola
I used to use Firefox because I had macbooks to begin with now I use Chrome and I am thankful for them cuz they saved my bookmarks and I lost a computer.
 

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Location
Crisis? What Crisis?
Gender
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Chrome. It's by far the most useful, functional and stable browser. Too bad it's Google, and Google sucks farts. I don't do business with corrupt manipulative hacks. So I switched to Firefox and started using DuckDuckGo to browse.
 

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
ZD Champion
Joined
Sep 9, 2019
I haven't. Ever since I started using Firefox that has always been my go-to browser. I've always kept Chrome as a secondary/back-up since it became available as well.
 

Ninja

bang!
Staff member
ZD Champion
Moderator
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Location
Desert tumblrweeds
Gender
AMAZON robot
Chrome has always been good to me, 95% of the time it isn't a resource hog, but the other 5% I have to close it down completely for my laptop to function.

I used Opera or Firefox as a backup.
 

Emma

Eye See You
Site Staff
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Location
Vegas
I've drifted around. Back in the day when your choices were Internet Explorer or Firefox, the choice was obvious. Then I went with Chrome for about eight years as soon as it launched. Google better understood how to make a functional UI and efficient browser. I got tired though of their constant spying and performance issue I had (like how Chrome's stop loading button is just for show and doesn't actually stop a page from loading). And I didn't like how they were cracking down on the browser plugins making them less useful. Like, I bet you weren't aware of this, Google blocks ad-blockers now. They're mostly just a placebo on chrome, stopping them from displaying but still allowing them to load and run commands so you'll still get popups, prompts to download files, be exposed to malware infected advertising, and of course use up way more of your bandwidth.

I tried briefly to use Brave (a Chrome variant with strict ad-blocking built in). But it was buggy and didn't have plugins. So I'm back in Firefox with a fully functioning ad-block, safe from ransomware. Besides being stupid with downloading something, infected advertising is a major source of ransomware and is where most older computers get infected with it from like the hospitals you may have heard about.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom