• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Did You Enjoy the Triforce Hunt?

Did you enjoy the Triforce hunt in the WW?

• YES!!! LOVED IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was enjoyable, but not my favorite part of the game.

• It is ok. I don't enjoy it though.

• HATE IT! This is the reason i don't replay this game!

• Total voters

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I thought it was okay. I mean, I was kinda annoyed that we had to do it in the first place because I just wanted to go beat up Ganon already, but it was nice to see some new islands or go to ones I hadn't really explored before. I loved the whole exploration concept of WW, so it was pretty fun overall. I was just impatient.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Yes I absolutely loved it. It brought back many memories from getting the pieces in the original Zelda and it was genious of Nintendo to bring them back.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I've found that if you don't like sailing around and exploring the map, then you won't Like the triforce fetch quest.

I disagree with this because I LOVE sailing around, but I did not like the Triforce fetch quest. (Alot of times I'd sail to a place rather than warp there simply because I could) I don't necessarily think its bad for the game, but I simply didn't like it. Sailing around looking for specific items is fine, in fact, its fun! But when you make someone sail around for items, and then FORCE them to pay a huge amount to be told they have to sail around for other items, THAT made it less enjoyable for me. The fact that I had to sail around TWICE made the quest less like a video-game adventure where you're rewarded for your immediate works, and more like a real life quest where the reward sometimes doesn't seem like its worth the work (which I don't like).

Also, I think if you're going need to sail around alot for things, it should be for something you don't have to get. I've found that not everyone likes the same things about Zelda games. Hence why side quests are SIDE quests, that way if you don't enjoy that part of the game, you won't have to do it. This goes to the rupee thing people mentioned. I've always considered rupees in Zelda a privilege, not a right. They are there for the more serious Zelda fans who are trying to get more into the game than just those who are playing Zelda for the first time. Thus, if you force people to use rupees, you force them to enjoy Zelda in a way they may not want to which is what turns a lot of people into Zelda haters.

One thing that I'm not sure if its bad or good but mainly I just wanted to point it out. Searching for the triforce takes away from the "destiny" theme that Zelda has going on. Someone mentioned that its much more rewarding when you earn the triforce instead of just being given it. While that may be true for a lot, Zelda tends to give Link the triforce because it is his destiny to be the hero, and thus his destiny to wield the triforce. In WW though, you must earn the triforce and thus earn your title to be the hero. But like I said, this isn't necessarily a bad thing because I think Nintendo was actually trying to stray away a smidgen from the "destiny" theme in WW and more towards the "earning the right" theme as demonstrated when getting the Master Sword didn't mean automatically getting the power of the Master Sword. (Another example is that TP which I believe was the opposite of WW was heavily reliant on destiny).

All in all, my opinion is that if it hadn't been mandatory, I would have enjoyed it more. Still, this didn't really ruin the game for me. I still love WW.

I loved this game!

The plot is one of the best in the series, and has the second best character development(besides MM of course!). The game was fun and it really reminded me of being a little kid looking under rocks and walking through my cousin's country land, because I could just explore like a child! Most fun because of it!

But here is when I didn't pick up the game for a day or two, it just took away motivation. It was tedious and the idea of what they could of done instead is what annoyed me the most.

For instance; They could of made it so you only had to collect 3 triforce pieces, and made the ghost ship into a mini dungeon, or they could of made it so there was only one piece and it was hidden in a whole other full dungeon, maybe they could of made it so that there was guardians surrounding them under the water in hyrule, and you had to defeat them to gain the triforce. Who knows what else they could of done? So many better things could of been in place, just what they did made the game more tedious and annoying, and some people don't even like the game because of it(Which is sad, because its my second favorite in the series(MM then TWW).

Its why I picked "it is ok. I don't enjoy it though." because even though I don't find it OK, the other one was not replaying the game, which would be a lie! 'Cause I love this game! :D

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I definitely enjoyed it, it was fun especially if you know what to do. But it is definitely not my favorite part of the game.

I loved it, more of a chance to sail around in my favourite overworld, solving puzzles along the way, a little break from dungeons and a really sweet reference to the original games. =]
Though Tingle was so expensive, but as long as you use the treasure maps you've collected then there shouldnt be a problem, unlike the way i did it which was going after the amps once i had completed the game, now i have a wallet of 5000 rupees that would have been useful back then.

Super tedious, so why would I not love that part of the game? :dry:
Sooo much to do just to get them... and then there are 8... 8? of them... might be a throw back to the first game collecting all the triforce piece then... but... far far too... boring to just do the whole thing straight... :dry:

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I personally felt like it was just filler content shoved into the game to lenghten it. Just like the *SKYWARD SWORD SPOILER ALERT* Song of Hero, having the three areas change slightly to make the game longer. It seems that Zelda games are getting more and more filler gameplay shoved in them.

It was really fun, but who in old hyrule broke the triforce, put it into 8 airtight metal boxes, left them just lying around in random places, and then made maps for an ocean world that didn't exist at the time.

The first time I played WW I stopped playing because of the triforce fetch quest. The second time, I started a new game and stopped at the same point. I'm gonna play WW again soon and I AM going to beat it. So in short, the triforce fetch quest was horrible.

I really didn't care for it. Getting the charts was fun and challenging at times but after that's over you have to go to Tingle's Island over and over and he's really annoying and creepy! I actually have a Wind Waker playthrough that I stopped right at this point because I got so bored searching for the pieces and getting enough rupees...This has to be the most boring part in any Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom