• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you buy your own consoles?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Wow, score
Interesting :suspicious:
Can you give more details?
I was assigned to remove a pile of trash that my old manager left in front of her house from cleaning out the garage and take it all to the dump, and I happened to notice it resting on top of an old desk. Took it home, booted it up, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it actually worked.

It has one controller and a faulty Super Mario Bros/DuckHunt cartridge.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I received a lot of my consoles as Christmas presents, but I did buy myself the Nintendo Switch and I am saving up some money to buy the Playstation 5 when it is in stock/more widely available.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The first console of my own I bought was a 3DS back in 2017, and a PS2 a few months later (I am now 24). The PS5 is the first new, current console I bought with my own money. Everything else has been gifts.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Gifted Consoles
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Advance SP
DS
Gamecube
DS Lite
DSi
Xbox 360
Wii
PS4 Slim
Xbox One X

Consoles I Bought
Wii (Black)
PS3 Slim
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox 360 (S)
3DS
Wii U (Deluxe)
3DS XL
Xbox One
New 3DS XL
Xbox One S
Switch
PS4 Pro
PS3 Slim (Used)
PS2 Slim (Used)
Xbox Series X

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Gifted Consoles
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Advance SP
DS
Gamecube
DS Lite
DSi
Xbox 360
Wii
PS4 Slim
Xbox One X

Consoles I Bought
Wii (Black)
PS3 Slim
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox 360 (S)
3DS
Wii U (Deluxe)
3DS XL
Xbox One
New 3DS XL
Xbox One S
Switch
PS4 Pro
PS3 Slim (Used)
PS2 Slim (Used)
Xbox Series X
How's series x?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
How's series x?

I'm enjoying it. I'm still playing a lot of my last gen games, but they run so much better and load so much quicker. Lots of games that I haven't played yet seem to be being upgraded to take advantage of next-gen hardware which is great. But the feature I'm most spoiled by is quick resume. I've been playing Red Dead Redemption II for a few months now, and I haven't shut the game off once, and have played games like Gears 5, Injustice 2, Halo: MCC, Resident Evil 2, various Sonic games for my nephew, and currently Devil May Cry 4, without interrupting Red Dead which just picks up where I left off without restarting the game. It's just a massive quality of life improvement over the Xbox One right now.

Last edited:

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
With the exception of my first Gameboy I have bought every single console I have owned for myself. That is one of the reasons why I only had handhelds growing up cuz they were cheaper since I was mostly relying on birthday and Christmas money.

I have bought a few consoles with my own money in recent years like the Xbox One, another New 3DS, and the Switch. When I was growing up, though, it was usually my aunt who bought us consoles. My parents were pretty anti-gamer. The only console they bought for my brothers and I was our first, the N64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom