• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Begin Playing Zelda Games at a Young Age?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was 14 when I played my first Zelda game, and I'm 28 now, so I have played Zelda for half my life. I think that would qualify me as somewhat of a Zelda veteran, lol

My first game was the first game lol I played through it with my dad when I was about 5 and was totally blown away...then when I turned 7 I got an snes and alttp and played through it... and with the exception of the DS games i've played and beaten every game since.
So I guess I have been playing these games for about 20 years.
And now i'm a dad with a 5 year old and i'm teaching him the ways of Zelda haha.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past, and I first played and beat the game when I was around five, six, seven (I can't remember currently). Since then, the only main Zelda game I haven't beaten is Adventure of Link.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I was 8 or 9 when I got a grey brick gameboy and Link's Awakening. I am now 27 and have a three year old that has already actively watched me beat and also played Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, and Link's Crossbow. I recently downloaded Link's Awakening on our 3DS so she is enjoying the whole Bow Wow part, lol. Looking forward to the Oracles on 3DS shop so I can share those as well. The first two are downloaded on our wii, but she gets bored watching those. Zelda is the reason I started playing video games.

like 6 or 7 my first game was LA for the gameboy and i didnt like it much cause i was really bad at it :P when i got a gameboy colour i got LA DX which i quite enjoyed till it broke =[

Rare Addict

Site Staff
I'd say so, as I was introduced to the Zelda series through the original Super Smash Bros (which was released when I was eight years old). Shortly after discovering who this "Link" character was, I ended up playing through Ocarina of Time. The rest, as they say, is history. /cliché

I was about 13 when Ocarina of Time came out and needless to say this was the game that drew me in, and kept me wanting more. As it was for most, OoT was very influential, especially at the age I was. It was more than a game to me, it was a friend and taught me lessons, much like Final Fantasy VII did. Ever since I have been a huge LoZ fan and have enjoyed every game since. However, I find that because I began playing Zelda with OoT I have trouble with pre-aLttP games :/

I consider myself a veteran. I have completed all Zelda games I own and I started playing The Legend of Zelda at a young age. I can't remember how old exactly, must of been 4 or 5.

I got Spirit Tracks when I was 12, and I was a complete newcomer to the series. I thought that the Phantom on the cover was the recurring antagonist known as Zelda. I was completely oblivious to what was going on, but that made it all the more surprising when something unexpected came up. I'm only 14 now (15 on September 10), but by now I own all of the non-NES console games excluding FSA, along with FS, PH, and ST. I wouldn't consider myself a veteran, but I know my fair share about the series.

masterSword2

Smile!
Around the age of 5 or 6 I saw one of my cousins playing TWW, and instantly i was interested. That Christmas I got a copy of the game. Since then, the LoZ series has been my favorite of anything I've played.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Back 10 or so Christmases (I don't remember, like so many other people here, how old I was), my brother got a GameCube and The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (and some other stuff that's completely irrelevant). I was somewhere around the age of 4, and the only game we ever played on it was OoT (though it wasn't "Ocarina of Time" to us, it was just "the horse one" because of the picture on the game select scene). I remember playing MM too, but all I remember from it was the fairy fountain, which for some reason was where we thought we needed to be (don't know why). But anyway, back to OoT, I just remember that my brother had his character, Link, and he would never let me name mine the same so my character was always named Hank. We never actually beat it at that age, we always thought that Kokiri Forest and the Lost Woods was all there was to the game (the result of which is that I could probably get the the Sacred Forest Meadow blindfolded from Link's House), and that the Great Deku Tree was the ending bit, or near it, and we never went in there because of the enemies, but now I realize that we must've at some point because I know we had the slingshot in all my memories of it. Jumping forward many years, when I was about 9 I decided "I'm gonna go into the Great Deku Tree and I'm finally gonna finish it." Which was when I got too scared of Gohma to actually finish it. Then, summer of 2011, I did finally finish the entire game and proceded to finish Majora's Mask, too. I got to the fifth dungeon of Legend of Zelda and still haven't beaten the first dungeon of Adventure of Link. I finished Skyward Sword and I'm really close to finishing Twilight Princess now. So whether I could be considered a veteran is up to you . . . I myself don't really count that bit when I was 4ish or that bit when I was 9ish, so I'd say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom