• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Did you appreciate the diversity of BotW's towers?

As with most open world games, BotW has what I like to call 'Ubi Towers', much like a Ubisoft game these towers are used to open up sections of a map and to get a good strategic view of the surroundong area.

With most Ubisoft games (and other open world games) the towers are almost always the same. You may need to clear some bandits away from one but then you do it again and again and again for each tower.

What I noticed while playing BotW is that each tower gave us a different challenge; Ridgeland Tower sits in a body of water surrounded by electric enemies to make your life a living hell in the early game, lake tower is atop a bokoblin fort and Tabantha Fontier tower is covered with Calamity goo.

Did you appreciate each tower having a different challenge?

Or do you dislike the fact the game had towers at all?

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
As with most open world games, BotW has what I like to call 'Ubi Towers', much like a Ubisoft game these towers are used to open up sections of a map and to get a good strategic view of the surroundong area.

With most Ubisoft games (and other open world games) the towers are almost always the same. You may need to clear some bandits away from one but then you do it again and again and again for each tower.

What I noticed while playing BotW is that each tower gave us a different challenge; Ridgeland Tower sits in a body of water surrounded by electric enemies to make your life a living hell in the early game, lake tower is atop of bokoblin fort and Tabantha Fontier tower is covered with Calamity goo.

Did you appreciate each tower having a different challenge?

Or do you dislike the fact the game had towers at all?
I liked the different challenges of the towers. :)

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I didn't really notice much in the way of diversity. Every single one pretty much amounted to "find tower, overcome obstacles, climb it."

So, um... I guess no?

I loved the towers! They looked cool and were nice contrast in the wild. They looked like they didn't belong there in the wild. Just like the shrines. They reminded that in the past in that location probably existed an ancient, highly advanced city or a village. And the fact that the towers still stood there regardless of time and even Calamity Ganon, was nice subtle hint how advanced the ancient civilisation really was.
Also, I liked them bc you could see them from a distant and so have a heading.
I can't say that I noticed variation in each of them. Some of them were totally different than others but mostly they were same. That didn't bother me however.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I agree a lot with what @weirdinin said here. And I think it was a genius stroke to have the non-taken ones be green, and the taken ones be blue. It really helped when it came to orienting yourself in Hyrule while also looking cool as heck. I love all the Sheikah aesthetics in this game. My favorite was probably the Military Training Camp. That was so much fun to raid <3

I agree a lot with what @weirdinin said here. And I think it was a genius stroke to have the non-taken ones be green, and the taken ones be blue. It really helped when it came to orienting yourself in Hyrule while also looking cool as heck. I love all the Sheikah aesthetics in this game. My favorite was probably the Military Training Camp. That was so much fun to raid <3
What tower do you mean? What’s its location?
Out top of my head my fav was the one that was guarded by electric wizzrobes or the one that required pushing over the boulders to get on the top.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It was very Assassin's Creed and copying the good ideas from the series wasn't a bad move in this case. The towers were a much better way of revealing an area than paying Tingle for a map of each place, or laying down bait for a fish.

It was also good that they were each different as having the same obstacles each time would get tedious.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'll admit it is preferable to feeding the fish, but frankly, I think all of these methods are bad. Why not just start the player out with the map since it's useless without landmarks anyway? Or have the player fill in the map themselves...by actually exploring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom