• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did They Go a Little Too Far?

Who knows. But the only thing what they did that is too far is Right Handed Link it should have Lefted Handed Link.

Hey guys, I used this thread in my video submission for the Zelda Dungeon news team, and I'd love to get feedback from you guys.

[video=youtube;0kmeokS_c_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmeokS_c_k[/video]

I shared a little bit of my opinion on the matter in that video, and I'll go more in depth with the follow up video. But before I can make a follow up video, I need your feedback! There are a lot of great discussions going on here, and I'm excited to see what it can bring to my next video!

M

Malon is hot

Dude its awesome they added that now we will feel more like link. but unless u r a lazy bum iguess not

lilwilly

Swordless Link
Ok. The GT Motion really surprise me when she said, "Now the Wii remote is being used for everything." I'm just saying, try a demo first or something.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I'm definitely sold on the motion, but I'm also hoping beyond hope that there is a left-handed option. That would make my life complete.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
It's been confirmed there won't be. Which is idiotic. Maybe there will be next time.

Crap. Because although I'm a righty, I would play left-handed if that were an option, just for the authenticity.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I don't think it will make it boring or go too far. With the way Nintendo handles games, you can be assured that Skyward Sword will be a great game. It may make your arms and shoulders sore, but it won't be boring by any means. I would think that the sword controls would keep you on the edge of your seat, or feet, because it'll be harder to defeat enemies.

I think it's a little presumptuous at this point to say that Skyward Sword's motion controls are going too far. We haven't even gotten our hands on the game yet. The controls we've seen look to be pretty basic, all things considered. I don't think the gameplay will change that much with us controlling the sword swings, and most of the basic controls seem to be familiar aside from that.

Even if they do take it too far, I don't really think we've seen enough to say for sure or not. :/

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I dont know if this will help but remember aiming the Bow in TP? Remember how small the radius was to moving the cursor around? You could literally make a small circle and the bow would move around quite easily. It'll prob be the same with the sword and all you'll probably need to do is flick to the right, up, left or down. However since I havent played the demo or game yet i cant say for sure. Really I'm not too worried about gimmicky controls...We need someone on this board who has played the demo at E3 to tell us for sure, but from what I've read and watched on the internet, people have said the controls work awesome. Heres a quote I found on Wired.com:
Just waggling a Wiimote to swing your sword ain’t gonna cut the mustard (or the Moblins) anymore...I played the E3 demo of Skyward Sword following Nintendo’s press conference.everything felt polished and perfect when I played. Swinging diagonally caused Link’s sword motion to match; when I put my hand down to the ground and swung upward in a giant arc, so did Link. You can’t just twitch your hands around, BUT you don’t need to swing in giant arcs like Red Steel 2, either. If you select different items, you can get your sword back out just by swinging the controller.
I hope this helps!

J

Juxxer

I think the graphics are too animated, I mean I like the way twilight princess was, sorta realistic. "Skyward Sword" looks to comic like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom