• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did They Anounce It Too Soon?

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
I think that maybe Nintendo anounced Skyward Sword too soon. People get excited over the game, me included.
but they keep on pushing the release date further and further...

I remember the time when they said that it would be released March or April. Now we have to wait even more!?

I am just as worried as you because of the tsunami and all the other stuff that's going on in Japan. but still, I think that they told us too soon. It's super annoying to wait this long.
I think that if we didn't hear about it until May or something, there would of been alot less time to wait in excitment, and we would of been given more info on the game earlier (that's not always a good thing though).

What are your thoughts on this???

Ghosi

Schmetterling
About the earthquake; Nintendo told us that nobody was injured and there was no structural damage done to the headquarters.

I believe so too. Is this a way to make us get excited over the game? I don't know...

Last edited:

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I think it may be a little to soon. I am frustrated that it is not out yet. Then again, it is nice to know another Zelda is on the way.

SS has never gotten a release date, and so has never been officially delayed. They also never said it was coming out in March or April. Don't make stuff up.
Apparently nothing's happened with Nintendo during the quake, and development is continuing as planned.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
SS has never gotten a release date, and so has never been officially delayed. They also never said it was coming out in March or April. Don't make stuff up.
Apparently nothing's happened with Nintendo during the quake, and development is continuing as planned.
I didn't make anything up i read it somewhere, if it's a lie then sorry for taking something seriously. I don't remember where I saw it, but they said march or april. and please stick to the point, do you think it was anounced to soon?

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I don't think it was..you have to think if it wasn't announced at E3 2010 or around that then you know people would have been wondering. Nintendo can't win either way sometimes is how i feel. I think although the wait sucks that i am fine with it. i know this is off topic but i remember when brawl kept getting delayed and i was annoyed but so glad when it finally came out and was a great game.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Absolutely not. They did the right thing. What they did with the info release for Twilight Princess was a catastrophic failure for when we finally got our hands on the game.
I agree that they could have waited a bit longer, and revealed it at something like GDC or PAX East, but they made the right decision this time. Holding as much info as they can until a little while before the release is a must, after the aforementioned Twilight Princess catastrophicy. (Yes, I just invented a word there.)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I could have waited a while longer, not saying i would have liked it, but i could have waited a few more weeks. Then again im sooo glad they decided to let up and say something about the game and give us a peek with a new trailer. GDC is the perfect time to announce such things, I think its great they kept with tradition and showed a Zelda trailer at GDC like they have for the past couple of years.

If you were around for the Twilight Princess hype, they announced it two and a half years before release!
Skyward Sword is going to be about a year and a bit. Its not bad to announce a game a year before release. Twilight Princess got delayed twice so we actually sat through waiting for the game twice on an actual release date to get our hopes crushed. No release date for Skyward Sword yet so my hopes haven't been crushed yet.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Well according to Reggie (Is your body ready for this?): "We release games when they're ready. Titles like Mario and Zelda are on it's way, but they have to be ready...." it was something along those lines...I also heard it was supposed to be released this spring and I ALSO saw it at Best Buy saying "Coming this April" but it quickly got taken down a week later....It's Zelda it always takes a while to be released ALTHOUGH im jumpin in my boots as I cant wait for this game...The hype is necessary so when we play the game for the first time we say "phew....Finally!" and "This is such a great game!" Think of it this way...IT WILL BE RELEASED, its not a project that Nintendo's saying "We MIGHT release it we dont know...." lol chill out guys....its comin....its comin.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom