• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Did the Twilight Princess Ending Stink?

For me, it did. It was a great final boss. The ending however, wasn't. After an epic showndown with Ganondorf, the ending didn't do it justice at all, for me. I didn't do justice for the game itself, after such a brilliant adventure. Also, I hated the way Zant was a kind of a puppet, and I would have liked him to have been the main villain, even though I like Ganondorf. Thoughts?

Yeah, It left me wanting more. That's why I had an empty feeling when I beat it, so I ended up replaying it.

I personally like the twist that Zant was a puppet. I went through most of the game thinking he was such a badass, but then when I figured he was just a pawn, I was like Heh what a noob. XD

Majora's Cat

How about that
Has anyone ever thought to consider that the ending of a game doesn't have to be grand and mind-blowing? Sometimes a subtle yet artful exit can be the most beautiful, and some people tend to miss that. I appreciate the music that accompanies the credits and everything about the last few moments of the game. The final battle with Ganondorf was the ultimate climax for a fantastic game, and I think that Nintendo made a good decision to completely contrast that feeling of darkness near the end of Link's adventure and follow it up with a very sad conclusion.

Perhaps you don't remember, but all Zelda games where Link has a companion have ended in a similar way to Twilight Princess. Midna must return to the Twilight Realm and sever the gateway between Hyrule and her world, leaving Link to stare in awe. This quiet departure left me with an oddly chilly feeling. I'm sure that many other fans had goosebumps running through their flesh after Twilight Princess comes to a close. I don't see any lack of drama or presentation in Midna's final moments before departing, and the scenes in the staff credits inform you on how the people of Hyrule are doing. The atmosphere of Hyrule is upbeat and cheery, and everything and everyone is at peace.

This warm fuzzy feeling that Twilight Princess delivers in its final minutes and then being slammed with the somberness of Midna leaving is masterful. I know that I nearly cried after watching the credits roll for the very first time, as the music perfectly transitioned from lighthearted to the epic classic Zelda theme to the Twilight Princess theme, and then to a much darker segment after the Midna cutscene. The last part of the credits reflects this new sadness, and the composition is simple but has a certain theme to it: old adventures have concluded and a dear friend is gone forever. But a new era is dawning in the land of Hyrule, with many adventures that lie ahead for Link and a time of prosperity for the people of Hyrule.

If you were left wanting more from Twilight Princess, I don't blame you. However, if you're left wanting more out of the credits and ending of the game, maybe you missed the point.

I actually loved that ending. It was the best ending they could give it, it almost made me cry when Midna destroyed that mirror.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The ending did leave me wanting more, but possibly in a different sense than you may have intended.

Our final encounter with Ganondorf in this game was epic--my favorite of the series (so far). The fight itself had a pure apocalyptic feel to it, like the ultimate stand-off between good and evil. After impaling Ganon with the Master Sword the remainder of the game flowed on with an enjoyable steady pace. The rest of it was told in the credits (which I'm going to agree with MC on; definitely appreciate the credits themes) and stopped to the most pensive scene in Twilight Princess. Midna had shattered the Mirror, isolating both realms forever...at least to our current discernment.

Then the story moved on. This time it showed Link riding away on another adventure for himself, and where my appetite for more arose. Several things came to mind at this originally: Is this it? How could Link leave Ordon? Where is he headed? What could have made him want to leave his hometown again? Such questions cause me to wonder what else could have been possible if it continued from there. But some things are meant to remain mysteries, and Link's journey from Ordon will always puzzle me here.

The ending didn't stink at all for me, other than not seeing my multiple subsequent inquiries revealed.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The ending was lacking, especially one of the last scenes in the credits. We're left with "mah boi, being a stranger is what all true warriors strive for!" in that Link just ups and leaves without a notice of any kind. We don't even get an explanation from the devs about this. Also, Midna was a horrible character in my opinion and her whole "We'll never see each other again" game wasn't properly executed because of how bad (I mean bad as in evil) she displayed herself to be throughout the entire game. It didn't evoke the emotion (in me) that the developers were expecting it to.

All in all, the ending was good but not OMGICRIED or OMGEPIC like I was expecting it to be.

I think that the ending was very good. We get to see Hyrule start to rebuild and we see that life goes on for the characters.

Midna breaking the mirror was foreshadowed earlier in the game and her breaking the mirror makes perfect sense.

As for Link riding off at the end of the game, I don't see anything wrong with that. Nintendo left the ending open like that just in case they decide to do a sequel.

The ending always left me hanging with Ganondorf just standing there. As for the scene with Midna leaving Hyrule and breaking the mirror, I thought that was cool.

I love the part where Midna breaks the Twilight Mirror with her tear by blowing it into the center, so heart-felt, yet sad.

I think the ending was okay! It would be awesome if all the characters would gather in Hyrule Field and dance celebrating Link's victory in credits just like in Ocarina of time... :lol:

I liked the ending of TP, I really liked the scene with Link leaving Ordon for another adventure. I really don't think that after everything that had happened to Link that he could just go back to how everything was before. I'm sure his warriors spirit would turn him into a wanderer going around Hyrule helping people that need it. I'm sure he would go back to Ordon every now and then to visit and relax but his need to see the world and battle would make him leave after awhile. Plus it leaves a chance for another adventure with this Link where he needs to be the hero again. I think that would be a cool idea. The only thing I was sad about was that he put the Master Sword back, poor Fi....

I was okay with the ending I guess. The entire game though made me ask questions that never got answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom