• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did the Kokiri Only Arrive in the Woods Recently?

geek4887

The Unknown
Ok, I'm going to get straight to the point here. The Kokiri are immortal, and they never grow old, due to the protection of the Deku Tree. Can the Kokiri just be blessed Hylians? Hylians who were adopted by the Deku Tree? I think that the Kokiri are just the same age as Link. Link had to grow up with them, because he wasn't really creeped out when talking to everyone there. I mean come on, if the Kokiri were there since forever, then they would've acted like Link's parents or something, despite the fact that the Deku Tree was the one who REALLY took care of Link. Link would've noticed that the children of the forest aren't getting old, and should be creeped out and have some questions? So why doesn't he? Well, it's probably because that the Kokiri arrived there the same time as Link. Maybe also as infants. What if Link's mother didn't come alone? She could've traveled in a caravan, then the children of the forest were just given the blessing to be immortal, while Link wasn't because he was destined for greater things. I dunno, what do you guys think? Please, prove me wrong, or correct me if I missed something.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Well, ok. One thing i see wrong is that when link was brought to Kokiri Forest, he was taken in by the Deku Tree to live among the Kokiri. so obviously they could have been there for who knows how long. and could never have come at the same time of links arrival.

I think they would have been there for a long time because even though they don't grow old, i also think that they keep their childish kind of mindset. Mido seemed to be a little jealous of Link, because Link seemed to be Saria's favourite, so he would pick on Link to make him feel like an outcast.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, ok. One thing i see wrong is that when link was brought to Kokiri Forest, he was taken in by the Deku Tree to live among the Kokiri. so obviously they could have been there for who knows how long. and could never have come at the same time of links arrival.
But how come Link doesn't notice that his friends aren't growing old along with him? I mean if you were 5 then everyone else was 10. 5 years later, you're 10 and everyone else is still 10. I'm sure he could've noticed. He's the Hero Of Time for crying out loud. I'm sorry if there was a tone of disrespect in that. I totally respect your comment, and I'm considering it. So sorry for some misunderstanding. :)

Unless Kokiri do grow older and the apperance they have IS there fully mature state, maybe they just saw Link as a normal new addition.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Link wouldn't have had many questions, because he thought he was one of them. The Kokiri didn't have questions, because Link was 'special' (didn't have a fairy) so anything odd about him could as easily have been attributed to that. In the same way, anything odd Link could have thought about the kokiri, could have just as easily been down to their relationships with their fairies. By the time he left the forest, he was their age, so even by that point, he had no reason to believe he was truly that different.

Any questions Link had once he'd left the forest were no doubt the same sorts of questions we were asking ("so if Kokiris die when they leave the forest, why doesn't Link?"), but he would have been a tad busy to go round finding answers. Or should have been as Navi often kindly reminds you. After that point, once he's grown into an adult and returned to the forest, his questions are answered, and the Kokiri still don't know any better since they don't recognise their friend and probably by that point believed he didn't make it.

But its clear they don't grow. And its not like that could be attributed to the presence of the Deku Tree since for the 7 years you're in the Sacred realm there is no tree. So no I don't think they're actually Hylian. But its an interesting thought. Does make you wonder just how the Kokiri work as a species.

The kokkiri weren't necessarily immortal they just don't show and signs of aging (THEORY) I think some of the kokkiri were kids while others were already adults like the man/child in the shop in kokkiri forest, so every one was used to seeing new children being born and after awhile they die but they die still looking like kids. that's my theory :)

I think he just considered himself a part of them. I really like your theory though very intersting! The only thing is see wrong is that the deku tree took in Link to live among his Kokiri. I've always wonderd the same thing. I'm not sure how he could not have had questions....

Fig

The Altruist
The Kokiri are a race that don't grow and are blessed by the Deku Tree. Since Link is not a real Kokiri, he can't stay as a child. Ever since he left the forest after he defeated Gohma, the Kokiri children seemed to forgot about Link, except for Saria who becomes a sage that remembers Link as her best friend. This is why when Link returns to the forest as an adult, the children tell Link that he reminds them of the Kokiri who was "different" from everyone else.

E

essegura92

Remember that the kokiry are not humans (Hylians) maybe they born like babies from the deku tree mouth or from the deku tree leafs i dont know but they born like babies and at 10 years stops to grow up. And for that reason link doesnt think think that he's different. Maybe he grow up at the same time that saria and other kokiris and he see mido like and 10 years old boy since he was a baby

The one thing you guys seem to be ignoring, is that Link was a kid

when your a kid, do you really know the difference between African Americans And Caucasians? not really

you know there's a difference, it just doesn't phase you, it would be the same for Link, its just the world he knows, he doesnt get old enought to questions before he learns that he's the hero of time

Skunk

Floof
I think that Link could have been raised to a certain age inside of the Deku Tree. After all, it wasn't always creepy inside him. At that point, Link may have looked old enough to pass as a new kokiri. I also believe that the Kiwki were the origins of the Kokiri. Perhaps their elder was transformed into a tree so he could live longer, and the other Kiwki (supposing that their were more than five,) were turned into non-aging human children, who by the time Link came to the forest, had no memory of ever being Kiwki. Plus the Deku Tree is a deity. He could have turned Link's memories into ones of fond times with the children of the forest.

I have another theory. In Majora's Mask, there are children inside the Moon and a tree aswell. Maybe the Deku Tree came from a seed from the tree that came to Hyrule via a Moon's tear. The children of the Moon could have sent some of their own after it, and they were left behind with amnesia from falling to the surface.

Now of course Saria wasn't part of either because she is a sage.

Last edited:

Skunk

Floof
interesting theory about the moon

when you say Kiwki, what are you referring to? /you spelled wrong, i think

Spoiler: When I say Kiwki, I mean those little shrub like people in Skyward Sword. They are the first main civilation Link comes across after leaving Skyloft. Pretty sure I spell it right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom