• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Did some characters grow on you after playing AoC?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
After playing BotW we might dislike or even hate some characters. Did this opinion you have on those characters you dislike change after playing AoC? It doesn't need to be one of the champions. Heck...it can also be Boss Kohga or any other evil character :whistle: :P
Even though he's a cool warrior I'm still not fond of Revali although I do like it when he compliments Link (even when he says he's still better than Link). What are your experiences? :D Don't start a Kohga or Sooga fanclub yet :ham::lol:

Nope, AoC didn't do anything for me in liking characters that I didn't used to.

I didn't like Yunobo and I still don't like Yunobo.

I loved Urbosa and still love Urbosa.

It really changed nothing because the writing was on par with BotW, which was tropey and anime as heck with characters that aren't all that deep at all.

Last edited:
All I can say so far, is that I'm more tolerant to Revali being an anime trope because he takes it out on the characters and plot points I don't like either and it makes him relatable lol. But he was already my favorite of the champions for being the asshole, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Zelda is as insufferable as ever; the dumb egg guardian has ensured she stays unlikable.

Okay, so... The two champions I liked the most are Urbosa and Revali because I think that their voice actors were by far the best. Urbosa because you look at her and the voice comes out and you're just like... "yeah that's the exact voice that needs to come out." And Revali because... just... I dunno, Sean did just an incredible job with all the little nuances and affectations. I spoke to him personally over FB after playing BotW, going so far as to look him up and tell him as much after hearing him in an interview in Zelda Dungeon's YouTube channel. But also, both characters seemed to have the most depth. And I've only come to like them more after seeing them here.

Daruk, to me he was sort of a non-entity in the first game. He was just so stock-trope there just felt like nothing there. But I feel that his voice actor has improved and he's got a little more to say and do here, and I like how he shares a few looks and moments with Urbosa. Of the champions, they're both the actual leaders of their people so you can see they kinda are on the same wavelength. What others need a conversation to convey, they share with a look. And I like that.

Mipha... I loathed her in Breath of the Wild. I was glad she was dead. So I wasn't sure what I'd think of her here. But I actually think better of her after this game. I will likely never like the character, but she's at least graduated to neutrality in my opinion. Though, from a mechanical standpoint, I understand she's probably good but I still have no real desire to learn how to use her. Sidon, on the other hand...

Purah is now pure Cringe Incarnate.

Kohga is pretty funny, I like his voice actor and his voice clips.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Kogha definitely did. I don't really like his movesets but he's funny and silly. I never will look the same at him again when I replay BotW. I haven't finished everything yet. Sidon was already cool but the devotion and being determined to save Mipha makes him even more cool.
The characters that have grown on me so far are : Kohga, Sidon and Teba. I also like Revali a bit better. Still an arse but more tolerable because he really does try to help out. He's not all big talk and not doing anything. He does help big time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom