• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Skyward Sword Become Your New Favorite Zelda?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
You know, I actually never had a favorite anything... I guess I'm kinda weird like that... I just accept things as they are and decide that nothings better than anything else. Like MM and OoT, some people would like MM more, others OoT, I like them both, but neither are my favorite, because I don't choose favorites... again, I'm weird...

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I'm trying to decide still. I liked a lot of the dungeons and the little new things. The characters were great, but at the same time, the story felt a little 'safe' per se. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't find anything that made me say "Whoa!". If you know what I mean.

I loved everything, as I do with pretty much every Zelda game. I still really like Majora's Mask though, so for now, I'm just going to put them almost on equal grounds.

Mine:
1. Majora's Mask
2. Skyward Sword
3. A Link to the Past
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Twilight Princess

Last edited:
It was well on its way to being my favorite game. Until one thing happened...

Spoilers

Tadtones!

Whoever came up with this idea should be fired. I was all geared up from the Imprisoned battle and ready for action, then this stupid trial happened. Complete buzz kill. It was not even hard, just very annoying. All I could think was, I just defeated imprisoned, I saved your life once with the sacred water quest and you will only consider me worthy if I swim around and collect musical notes!?!? Dumbest idea ever in my opinion. I felt like it threw off the whole pace of the game.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
So far my answer is yes. However I have only played it through once so far, and I just did the main quest. I think when I get into side quests and upgrading I can tell you my certain answer.

I can't say it did for me, but having just beaten it, I can say that it stands among my favorite Zelda games (all of them, that is)

T

TheOriginalHigh

Absolutely, i never thought a new Zelda game could replace majoras mask as being my all time favorite Zelda game but i was completely astounded with the game the whole way through. Never have i been impressed thoroughly with a Zelda game or even a video game in general. Also, with all the things i wished a Zelda game would have they were present in skyward sword (it was also like skyward sword did things other Zelda games did but made it way better). From the emotional cut scenes, epic boss battles (Holy crap koloktos was epic), difficulty, and to me most importantly an entertaining villain (ghirahim). For once i felt like i was being challenged and for once in a long long long time i saw the GAME OVER screen (frustrating at times but worth it in the end).Also, i was happy to see that for the first time we see link and Zelda actually have a relationship/friendship which imo drove the story further in terms of emotion (FINALLY i actually CARED about saving Zelda). All in all yes skyward sword takes the cake for me and i feel sorry for those who pass this game up because of superficial reason like graphics! I don't know if its just me but when twilight princess came out i wasn't at all impressed with it (yes it was an okay game but to me it was just an oot with updated graphics) and i haven't been impressed by a Zelda game since the 2003 release of wind waker and finally i hope skyward sword sets a standard for all future Zelda installments just like how oot did!

I will admit. This game is a beautiful Zelda game. I've barely had anytime to play with a crazy busy life, but I'm at Eldin volcano. trying to find key parts. (last 2...ugh) But it is coming very close to possibly becoming my fav Zelda game.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
It's hard for me to tell as of now, but if it continues on this way... I think it's going to stay at a close second. I think I overestimated the game a bit. It's still incredible, but I'd hoped to be blown away by its awesomeness from the first time I put the game into the system... and it just feels like another game to me.

But I love it. The cutscenes and yes, even the graphics, are gorgeous. I was shocked when I was allowed to choose an answer for Link in the middle of one cutscene. There's still a high chance that it might slide its way up to favorite number one. I'm only in the fourth dungeon, after all.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
Not sure if it's my favorite yet, but it's high up on the list for sure. I usually remember the game by how it ends, so hopefully I like the ending.

D

dj-jo

YES
Skyward sword is a great game and has become my new favorite

The music of the game really got me :3

you know, i'm back. i have to admit. the moment i put this game into my wii, it was love. i've been blow away by the sheer epicness of ss. so yea, fav zelda game. fav game, actually. as zelda series have always been my fav games.

F

Fidna

Yes! Initially I wasn't sure, but when I finished the game, I knew. Amazing, amazing game. Skyward Sword is surely my new favorite. Incredible storyline, incredible characters (Groose, Zelda, Impa, Zelda...), incredible bossfights and dungeons, and overall a great game.

Yay!

At first, no. SS didn't garner the emotion that OoT did during the beginning of the game. However, towards the end, specifically a certain cutscene which occurs after you enter a portal, turned this into my favorite game.

Same feeling her, altough I liked SS from the beginning, the scene aftering entering the portal made Oot lost his place as #1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom