• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Skyward Sword Become Your New Favorite Zelda?

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
My favorite Zelda was OOT then I played SS and I am considering it to be my new favorite (I just have to play a little more and I believe OOT will become my second favorite), what about you guys?.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally, no it has not. There are just a few nitpicks that keep SS from being THE favorite of my favorites list. Of course, it's important to know that one game won't satisfy EVERYONE, so it is okay for people to not accept Skyward as their new favorite Zelda, right?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm not sure yet.. Until now, aLttP and MM have been my two favourites, and I've just beaten SS a day ago but while I think it's near the top of my list, it's still slightly below those two for now. But it sure is above OoT which used to be my #3.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
I love aLttP more, but as for 3D Zelda, it's definitely already up there. I can't say favorite though because I'm only to the goddess sword so far. Also, as for my other favorites, the top three are aLttP, WW, and TP, in that order; I really don't think OoT is that good in comparison, it has no depth.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
SS is my fav, reason is, is because i've only played OoT, WW, TP, and the MC. Skyward Sword takes the No.1 spot for me.

i beat the game today, and sadly no, it's not. Some of the best dungeons the series ever had, the controls are innovative and the story was good with an epic ending. However i'm not a fan of the new overworld design. There are so few people to talk to and twilight princess seems like a much bigger game and that was made for the freaking gamecube. And it was a bit short. After i heard 50 - 100 hours from miyamoto i thought that the main quest alone would take about 50 hours maybe a little less. But I ended completing it in about 30 hours, which was dissapointing.

P

Princess

Due to being in college as well, I havn't had enough time to play either. Right now I can tell you that my boyfriend complains about the graphics. Twilight Princess seems to have better graphics to him. However, I do like the sword fighting better in this game. I love the flying and it seems to be quite easy as well. For now I would have to say that I'm just happy to be playing a new zelda. :D

At first, no. SS didn't garner the emotion that OoT did during the beginning of the game. However, towards the end, specifically a certain cutscene which occurs after you enter a portal, turned this into my favorite game.

Well, its not my new absolute favorite. Its a close second, with Ocarina of Time still keeping the number 1 spot in my favorite Zelda games. But my opinion could be changed after I beat Skyward Sword. Well, just for fun, I'll put my top 5 Zelda game list here:

5. A Link to the Past
4. Majora's Mask
3. Wind Waker
2. Skyward Sword
1. Ocarina of Time

In Zelda terms, pretty much all of the games are my favorite. I can never pick one, its like picking your mom or dad its just impossible! So all I wanted was it to live up to the other Zelda games, and it has(so far). so from what I've played I will count it was one of my favorite Zelda games... Which is pretty much all the Zelda games! XD

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I can't say that it made top spot. They really improved some aspects in SS, the boss battles, the humour, the amazing soundtrack, the swordplay (finally something that tops the Wind Wakers swordplay) I loved being able to slash at lightning fast speed at eyeballs and other enemy parts. I also loved the cinematic direction, this game had the best cutscenes of any zelda. There was more voice work in SS too, which I liked. A few things stopped it from being my favourite. I did not like the first dungeon or it's music, not that it was a bad composition It just did not get me enjoying the place. The earth temple music really had a catchy tune to it, and so did the mining facility past theme and I really loved them. I disliked flying and I really miss the open field of TP, it was relaxing riding across them on horseback, taking in the scenery and taking a swing at a bokoblin if it came close. Silent realms were actually less fun than TP's tear collecting for me although the Guardians music is very good. I miss visiting villages settlements and towns, like Kakariko, market town, Ordon, Goron city and Zoras Domain. Chatting to a couple of mogma's does not provide the same experience of having a dozen Gorons to choose from or a variety of merchants and shoppers to talk to, like in TP. Those were aspects I really enjoyed from other games and it just was not present here. Storyline wise, my favourite is TP (I love a dark storyline), which also has my favourite sidekick Midna. Fi was allot more helpful though, and parting with her at the end was sad. I'm uncertain about the new formula also, I liked the old Dungeon, learn more story, over world, talk to characters, prepare, Dungeon formula. I think having to solve puzzles constantly without having a nice relaxing stroll or ride though a field or a desert is a bit too different for me. It makes the dungeon feel a bit too similar to the overworld. I do like the inclusion of overworld bosses though.

So my favourite console Zelda games in order will have to be:
1 TP/OOT
2 SS
3 WW
4 MM

I have to say its got to have my favourite story and the cinematics are beautiful. However my favourite Zelda in general has to be Twilight Princess (Gamecube version) as while I do like the sword controls in SS I found that some motion skills, like swimming, I would have preferred the joystick. Also nothing beats riding Hyrule field with Epona. That will always have a place in my heart and really gives me the Legend Of Zelda feel. I think the companion also had alot to do with why Twilight Princess is my favourite, Midna was awesome and I loved her character. I found myself just skipping through Fi's dialouge and just genrally bored of her, which sucks! Hopefully on my 2nd playthrough I'll have a better connection with her. But either way SS is my second favourite.

bunny

birb overlord
While at first I was reluctant to admit it, Skyward Sword has most definitely become my favorite Zelda.

Between Fi, the Mogmas, the adorable little Kikwis, all the new features, I just can't help but adore it! Not to mention the story! I find myself thinking about saving Zelda even while I'm not playing the game! I'm at the Fire Sanctuary currently, and I always find myself thinking, "I'm almost there! I'm almost to Zelda!"

I have a feeling that I haven't even gotten to the best part of the story, and I'm already hooked!

Skyward Sword is the best thing that ever happened to the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom