• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Midna turn into a Light Spirit?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay, so I watched a vid on youtube by BanditGames. The guy has some cool ftheories and this one I find pretty interesting. It's about Midna if she's actually dead by the end of TP. In this vid BG talks about some details which suggest Midna's actually dead and even turned into a light spirit herself. One of the many reasons is the way she dissolves when entering the Mirror of Twilight, being able to destroy the mirror by using one tear which is similar to the tears of light you've to gather, also her being surrounded by the three spirits of light to revive her at the end of the game. I find this a very interesting theory and I wonder what you guys think.
Here is the vid

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd say no, but I will acknowledge that TP's finale does a very bad job of establishing exactly what happens to Midna. She fights Ganon off-screen, disappears, and then reappears with little to no consequence.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'd say no, but I will acknowledge that TP's finale does a very bad job of establishing exactly what happens to Midna. She fights Ganon off-screen, disappears, and then reappears with little to no consequence.
I saw the thing with Ganon crushing the helmet as him bluffing. Midna hurt him good in the castle, and he managed to ko her and took the helmet to scare Link and Zelda with because he was nervous about them.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I saw the thing with Ganon crushing the helmet as him bluffing. Midna hurt him good in the castle, and he managed to ko her and took the helmet to scare Link and Zelda with because he was nervous about them.

Unfortunately, I think all of that loses any potential impact because it's kept off screen.

(Also, Ganon not killing Midna keeps his total bodycount as a villain in TP at a strong zero.)

I think you said it yourself.
also her being surrounded by the three spirits of light to revive her at the end of the game
It seems to that this is precisely what happened... Ganon killed Midna, but the Light Spirits brought her back so she could destroy the portal to the Twilight Realm. Likely because it was only something she could do, and it probably be a lot easier if she were alive.

Unfortunately, I think all of that loses any potential impact because it's kept off screen.

(Also, Ganon not killing Midna keeps his total bodycount as a villain in TP at a strong zero.)
Well he did kill one of the sages, unless flashbacks don't count.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think you said it yourself.

It seems to that this is precisely what happened... Ganon killed Midna, but the Light Spirits brought her back so she could destroy the portal to the Twilight Realm. Likely because it was only something she could do, and it probably be a lot easier if she were alive.

Well he did kill one of the sages, unless flashbacks don't count.

I will compromise on the flashback and say that he killed half a person.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
he killed a ghost.....
Welcome to Death Plus (trademarked).
You died and became a ghost, spirit, poltergeist, or whatever.
You either wandered the earth aimlessly, were assigned a divine or dastardly duty, or were sent to the Heavens or the Underworld for your deeds.
Either way, you died AGAIN!
Now your immortal soul has new perks, such as entering the next plane of existence outside of the third-dimension, speaking with more pantheons than the one you believed in, and entering creative mode to create your own world like you were playing Minecraft BUT IN REAL LIFE!

I think it's likely that Midna is in the same state the sages are in after Ocarina of Time. Maybe the Champions in BotW, but those seem more definitively dead. Not dead, not alive, not quite here. I do think she goes back to the Twilight Realm and may turn into that big floaty guy that Ganondorf was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom