• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Link Find Navi Again?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
MM kinda leaves us with a cliffhanger, where Link just rides off, continuing his search for :fairy:. But it's never stated whether or not he finds his little friend again. We'd all agree that Link DID NOT die in MM, and that he returned to Hyrule and got married, as you play as one of his descendants in TP. I believe that Link wouldn't return unless he once again had his beloved companion again, and thus, I believe that he WAS able to track down :fairy:. But, I want to know what you guys think. Is there any evidence that I missed against or for my theory? Am I making too many presumptions in my theory? Any comments would be helpful, thank you.

Chinagin

Son Just Died. Huh.
I always thought Link was in Limbo during the events of MM, and that it was just him fighting his tortured psyche after the events of OoT. So Tatl is a recreation of Navi, in a way, and I think this realm was a way of him getting past these demons. He was trying to find his friend, but after all he went through, maybe he was able to move on.

The advice that the Happy Mask Salesman gave him at the very end may have been key in that.

Happy Mask Salesman said:
Wherever there is a meeting, a parting shall soon follow. Whether or not that parting lasts forever...that is up to you

Because of that quote, I think its left up to interpretation of whether or not Link actually does re-unite with Navi. Really, I don't think we're meant to know, even though MM in its entirety was set up on the base of Link setting out on a journey to find his fairy. So yeah. The answer is there is no answer, really.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
He says

Whether or not that parting lasts forever...that is up to you

which I took as a sign that either:

1. He'd see the HMS again,

2. He'd see skull kid/Tatl again,

3. He'd find Navi,

4. The HMS was just talking nonsense.

When I first played the game, I immediately assumed that he was talking about #3, and was really glad, because I had been hoping he'd find Navi again at the end. Though, (and I know this isn't canon) the Manga book has near the end when Link rides off on Epona, Link says that one day he'll come back to say hi to his new friends the skull kid and Tatl. Skull kid says "Do you think we'll see him again?" (Or something close to that), and Tatl says "Knowing Link, if he says he'll do something, he'll do it!" (Or something close to that.)

So that may mean he'll get to go back to Termina again, or it could just be ignored, as the Manga isn't canon.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
It's been argued that the events of MM never really happened, that it was all in Link's head. In OoT, Fado states that if people without a fairy wander into the forest they become stalfos. I happen to believe that is what happens to Link. Whether or not the events of MM are real or not (I'm inclined to think not), I don't think he ever finds Navi. I believe he eventually becomes a stalfos.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
But in TP, the Link you play as is a descendant of OoT Link. Meaning that he MUST have lived to have a son/daughter, unless you wanna say that one's fake, too. If MM never happened, though, (and I believe that it did, it's my favorite story in the series) why would Nintendo bother to make a game and include it in Hyrule's History?

The idea that MM was all in Link's head is nothing but glorified fanon that has gained traction. It happened. It's really as simple as that.

Hyrule Historia, the authoritative text on Zelda canon plainly states it is an alternate world, and without even so much as a hint that it's all in Link's head. In fact no Nintendo or developer quote period hints at it, so I am not sure why so many people will believe it.

That said, and this is where I tie it all in with the topic, the idea that certain parts of Termina represents the stages of grief in a metaphorical sense isn't that far out there. Link WAS grieving, but it wasn't about accepting his death, he was trying to find his companion. In the end Link reaches acceptance, acceptance that he and Navi can never be together again.

After that I believe he returned to Hyrule to serve the kingdom and stayed until his death as we obviously see his spirit in TP.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I still think he finds Navi, just 'cuz that's what I believe this all means. Though, you do make a good point, and are entitled to your own belief. Are there any others that think the same as me?

It should be pointed out that The Hero is not always a direct descendent of himself. He is a soul constantly reborn, and thus does not need to sire children to create more Links. Otherwise, there could not be any new games in the Hero Fails timeline, since he would never live to have children (but The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link both occur after this point, so we know more Links exist).

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It should be pointed out that The Hero is not always a direct descendent of himself. He is a soul constantly reborn, and thus does not need to sire children to create more Links. Otherwise, there could not be any new games in the Hero Fails timeline, since he would never live to have children (but The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link both occur after this point, so we know more Links exist).

This is true, but TP has been confirmed to be the Hero of Time's descendant.

Sheik

:the:
As far as I know, there isn't any evidence that even slightly suggests that Link either was or was not successful in reuniting with Navi, so it's really all up to guessing. If I had to guess, though, I'd agree with Seth that Link probably gave up- er, cut his losses, and went back to Hyrule. I mean, who even needs Navi? Link knows how to properly open doors on his own... I think?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I hope so. Navi is my favorite companion. Navi was in Hyrule Warriors, but that's a spin-off and doesn't really count. I hope we find out what happened somehow.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Navi's also my favorite. I like that she seems concerned for Link, and that she seems to really like him from the start, as opposed to Midna and Tatl, and others. I like that her voice seems concerned whenever she says the familiar "Watch out!" even though she's a little annoying with her repetitiveness. She's also a part of Link's taunt in SSBB, so I think that would help support my theory as well... if it were a Zelda game, and not a mishmash of a bunch of different series.

I'm just going to point out that in theory, Link COULD have gotten someone pregnant before he left to Termina then died there and never returned to Hyrule and then the baby could be born in Hyrule from the mother. This probably isn't the case though because Nintendo probably wouldn't want to allude to teenage pregnancy or pedophilia, but it is a possibility. It'd be a sad ending to his tale, but I don't think it should be ruled out entirely. It does pose the question of who he could've had a child with though. Naturally, there's Malon or Zelda, but even as a hero nobody would accept him being with a princess. He couldn't have gotten with Ruto because that would make TP Link part Zora and that obviously isn't the case. This leads me to believe that he had a baby and assuming he got back to Hyrule, probably got married to some unnamed girl who lives in either clock town or Hyrule Castle. I would assume he could marry a noble with his status as "Hero" and he likely becomes some sort of respected knight in his future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom