• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Ganon Ever Die?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I am not sure if this topic has already been covered in detail. I have seen it been mentioned in at least one more thread on this forum but do we have a conclusion. Main reason I ask is information in ZeldaWiki says we can not be sure. What do you think?

(If this has to be removed I appologize for the trouble I caused)

Looking at this thread it might be unnecessary this one I just created:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2471&highlight=ganon

Do you think so?

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Well, if we are to believe there are different incarnations of Link throughout all the zelda games, why not Ganon? or Princess Zelda?.....perhaps in games like OoT/WW we can say that's the same ganon because we're told in the game that he is....(and all the "clues" in TP that lead you to believe we're in an actual sequel to OoT....that ganon could be the same as in OoT/WW)....but who knows....unless nintendo ever gives an official statement about things like this, we can only speculate :)

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
In what game are you talking about exactly? Because I'm pretty sure in the original game he was killed. The story line for the second game involved his minions trying to revive him. And then when you are killed it says "Return of Ganon". How can he return if he never left? Hopefully you understand what i meant by that, I'm not very good at explaining.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I mean ever, as in any game at all. They say that Ganon return but from what. If it were ashes he returned from (it looked like ashes to me in LoZ) I guess he would have been dead at some point.

B

Borric

yes, Ganon has died in the child timeline, he died in WW and he was brought back in OoX but he was killed again, in TP it is a jump decision it shows his scar going completely black, the ToP disappearing but he never actual see him die, like fall over and die, so i think zelda wiki is right don't be to sure to jump to a conclusion

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Well, I guess you could say he died in TWW. He was turned to stone, and left at the bottom of the ocean. It's safe to say that no one is going to go there and free him. You never know though... Also, I believe just his body died in TP. Refer to my theory bout future Ganon thread for more on that.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I always assumed Ganon was always the same character in each game. He may be reincarnated, but he's always conscious of being the same person. He may be "killed" at the end of some of the games, but he is able to return with the knowledge of his past "life". His end in Legend of Zelda and the plot of Adventure of Link show that he can be reincarnated, so his death may not necessarily be a permanent one.

Link and Zelda on the other hand are not always the same characters, and eventually die.

Yes Ganon has died before.
1.Ganondorf dies in the child timeline at the end of TP.
1.1Ganondorf died in the adult timeline at the end of WW.
2.A different Ganon(might be the one from FSA)dies at the end of ALTTP.
3.Ganon dies at the end of the Oracle games.
4.Ganon dies(maybe for the last time)in the first Zelda game.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Let me put it this way... In both Timelines "Ganondorf is dead." He was killed in the gut and in the head.

Ganon has yet to be finished with his part of the story since he seems to be often revived even when killed so his current status is pending.

M

Majora Mistress

...He may be "killed" at the end of some of the games, but he is able to return with the knowledge of his past "life"....Link and Zelda on the other hand are not always the same characters, and eventually die.

I have to agree. He must have physically died a few times along the way (Twinrova tried to resurrect him, etc.) but he is still the same person each time- just resurrected. Link and Zelda, however, are reborn into different people. (Who ironicly have the same name? :) ) But they have no recollection of their previous selves.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I think I have already said this multiple times in the past. Ganon did not die but his body Ganondorf did die. Ganon is like his spirit and can never die, basically his immortal form. So that is why after countless times of ganondorf dying, Ganon still remains. He basically just creates new bodies when he is in his immortal form. So this is how Phantom Ganon was created (seperate topic but adds to this one).

So my final answer is no, he did not ever die.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I believe there's a Ganon the beast and Ganondorf the gerudo. In my Timeline Ganondorf died in Wind Waker on the Adult timeline and Twilight Princess Finishes Ganondorf on the Child timeline. Ganon Lives on.

Here is my two possible Timelines.

Base: ZSS - MC - FS - {OoT
Adult: TWW - PH - ST - LoZ}
Child: MM - TP} - {FSA - ALttP - OoX - AoL}

Base: ZSS - MC - {OoT
Adult: TWW} - PH - ST - FS
Child: MM - TP} - {FSA - ALttP - OoX} - {LoZ - AoL}

So as far as I am concerned, there is a possibility of two to three ganons. I do not see how there is anyway Ganon could survive in TP. In TWW, it is iffy because he was just turned into stone. In both MC and PH, Zelda was turned into stone and managed to survive. So if he died in TWW, then that is the end of all ganons on the adult timeline, if he survived, he is in LoZ after ST. Now, in the child timeline, he died in TP. In FSA, a new ganon is born and overall scealed in the FS. In ALttP(GBA) he escaped from the palace of the Four Sword and started the sceal war. He was released by Dark Link from FSA. If LoZ is on the child timeline, then the only other mention of this ganon is in OoX, otherwise, after OoX, the same Dark Link attempts to revive him in AoL. So in my conclusion, there is three Ganons and they all ended in death in TP, TWW/LoZ, AoL, OoX, ALttP.

UPDATE: To the deREPer, I am sorry if this offended you, but what pat exactly offended you? I am sorry. =(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom