• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Did anyone else hate the voice acting?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It's an Open World, it needs a story but...I feel they just told it in the worst and laziest way possible. Something more like MM's sidequests with more interesting NPC dialogue and less cutscenes would have been better.

IMO, this was Nintendo testing the waters. I was one of the skeptical ones at first about the voice acting but I thought it came out decent at the end. Urbosa and Revali were my favorites, and although I liked the accent on Zelda, I agree with many that her voice was too low and lacked some emotion (at least compared to the Japanese version). The worst of the bunch was the Deku Tree. Still can't believe they used Revali's voice for that, WTF LOL???
Revali's english voice actor himself said he probably could've done a better job with his lines if he'd known his character's full story. Imagine how much better the performances would've been if the entire cast had known the whole story!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Once again, ninty showing that they're woefully behind the times.

All these great gains video games have made in professional voice acting in recent years, and here ninty is just getting around to it and wouldn't you know - they're making it look like it's the mid-90's FMV era all over again.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom