• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did any of you do this?

Did you do the roll everywhere?

• I do not believe the roll is faster, and think walking is the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe walking is faster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I did it now and then.

And, I've just replayed OOA, OOS, and LA, and on all three, I kept jumping constantly with the roc's feather to get places faster (once I got the item of course)

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I didnt play OOT until it came out on 3ds so I had heard about the rolling across Hyrue field so of course I tried it. But im not entirely convinced that it is actually faster so I stopped quite quickly.

Aku

I don't care if it's faster, it's stupid looking and breaks the immersion for me to roll around like a doofus. I hate doing it and I hate watching it even more.
Yeah, it's why I only did it in very rare instances like trying to catch someone in WW or run through a dungeon's door or obstacle, it just wasn't worth the immersion-breaking for me. Plus you're right about the videos too, something about seeing a player endlessly barrel-rolling aross a landscape grates on my eyes (and nerves) worse then if they just were to run across it. This is why I'm glad BOTW doesn't have the roll feature, half of the Youtube videos would've been unwatchable.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Side-hopping and backwalking, depending on the slope. Downhill slopes definitely favor side-hopping in my opinion. Hessing is even faster, but so hard to do.

But the roll is faster than normal walking (everything is), and I'll still frequently use it to cover very short distances, and help me jump farther.

Yeah, it's why I only did it in very rare instances like trying to catch someone in WW or run through a dungeon's door or obstacle, it just wasn't worth the immersion-breaking for me. Plus you're right about the videos too, something about seeing a player endlessly barrel-rolling aross a landscape grates on my eyes (and nerves) worse then if they just were to run across it. This is why I'm glad BOTW doesn't have the roll feature, half of the Youtube videos would've been unwatchable.
Unwatchable being the operative word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom