• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Did Animal Crossings landmark success surprise you?

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
So, Animal Crossing had a pretty good weekend.

We all know it's a popular series that Nintendo has been marketing relentlessly.

But did this surprise you? And why do you think Animal Crossing is so successful and popular in the first place?

I didn't susprise me in the slightest.

Animal Crossing is big in Japan and New Leaf sold very well on 3DS, a home console game that has sold as well as the Switch has so far was always going to fly off shelves.

I can totally see ACNH surpassing Zelda and Mario Odyssey

Kirino

Tatakae
It's a relatively simple, family-friendly series that nevertheless seems to have a lot of content and depth for many. In that sense, it reminds me of Pokemon, which I think is successful for similar reasons. This game in particular was released on very popular home console, has been heavily advertised, and comes at an opportune time due to social distancing. So in retrospect, it's success isn't that surprising.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I feel like the fact that millions of people are being forced to stay at home really helped sales. On top of it being a very popular and well established series as it is. So I wasn't really surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom