• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Diablo III

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
So I looked around and saw there were no threads on this game, so who else here plays D3? I stayed up on opening launch May 14 2012-shame they postponed it till 3am on my timezone.
What are your thoughts on the game so far? What class do you roll? Finally, what do you think of the lore that they continued from D2.

While you are mowing through your mind for answers, enjoy this random picture of Archangel Tyreal:
tyrael_1920x1200.jpg

To answer my own questions I believe this game is a godsend (no pun intended). I play a Monk and managed to level to 32. The lore itself is why I love this game, the 'Eternal Conflict' between Angels and Demons seems to have come to a climax this sequel.

Last edited:

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Never played Diablo.... Only one reason I didn't I thought it was an RTS stupid I know but my interest has grown now with the release of Diablo 3

Garo

Boy Wonder
While I love the game, the story and its eventual conclusion was utterly disappointing. I managed to predict every major plot twist. It just wasn't nearly as good as Blizzard's pedigree would suggest.

THAT SAID, the game itself is effortlessly enjoyable. I played through Normal with a Monk and had an incredibly fun time doing so. There are still three levels of difficulty waiting for me, though, so I don't see this game wearing out its welcome anytime soon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I run Barbarians; no more pallys unfortunately. My older bro runs a Monk (which I plan to use), and my dad runs a Demon Hunter. I'm not interested in Witch Doctor or the other class.

D3's story is ridiculous. Leah is ridiculous. The most ridiculous thing, though, is the fact that we HAVE to have an internet connection to play the game. We didn't need one for D1 or D2, so what gives Blizzard? You could always have BNet characters stored on the servers >_>

Oh, yeah, I absolutely love Tyrael. He's a bad***.

Game looks awesome, unfortunately I'm cursed to only watch other people play it due to my ancient PC, but I'm having a lot of fun watching a certain person play it, and I did enjoy Diablo 2 way back.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Blizzard messed up the story. It must have been written by the C-team.
Also, feels kind of like WoW, the UI and in game cutscenes, which I don't like.
Beyond that, I love the game. Currently running a level 39 barbarian through Act 2 Nightmare. Got a level 16 Monk too.

The game does look pretty interesting but I've been hearing from a lot of people that it isn't as good as the first two. But then again I haven't even played the first two so I guess that shouldn't affect me.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Started Nightmare mode recently, I believe the majority of the game development was devoted to the higher difficulties of the game honestly.
True, the plot doesn't seem to meet up to the standards that we previously expected, but the conflict between the Archangels in the "Wrath" cinematic was rather interesting.

One would believe that there would be an expansion to dig into that further.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One would believe that there would be an expansion to dig into that further.

I'm actually awaiting a D3 expansion right now. StarCraft II, another product by Blizzard, has at least two expansions if I remember correctly, which shows Blizzard supports that product. Diablo III I think would get the same sort of treatment; after all, it's easier to build off the same engine and just add new data for an expansion than it is to make an entirely new engine for Diablo 4. =D

[I have to buy a new PC sooner or later, this one's video card is lacking as is it's GFX card, but it's also a laptop so I can't customize it to my liking].

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm actually awaiting a D3 expansion right now. StarCraft II, another product by Blizzard, has at least two expansions if I remember correctly, which shows Blizzard supports that product. Diablo III I think would get the same sort of treatment; after all, it's easier to build off the same engine and just add new data for an expansion than it is to make an entirely new engine for Diablo 4. =D

[I have to buy a new PC sooner or later, this one's video card is lacking as is it's GFX card, but it's also a laptop so I can't customize it to my liking].

StarCraft II has 0 expansions, actually. Heart of the Swarm, the first of two planned expansions, is currently in development, to then be followed by Legacy of the Void.

But we'll for sure see a Diablo 3 expansion - likely dealing with Adria and the new Angiris Council.

I seriously want this game! But my computer isn't really that powerful. Does anyone know if your computer has to be really strong to run it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom